• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Ok…what shotgun are you looking for? You may be able to work a partial trade with a dealer.

dagmars

BANNED!!!
    Feb 27, 2022
    https://www.gunbroker.com/ I sold a few this way had no trouble. of course I
    have a property in VA and also shipped it from VA. I do not know if MD allows sale this way?

Your Idea just struck me, I'm now thinking to sell my pre ban m11 9 to but an ar10 .12 ga conversion COOL BEANS

Dingo222

Nov 6, 2019
    I can empathize with the OP as a low count person myself. As with most forums, you get the “did you use the search function “ more than constructive help. I will say that is not the case here.

I’m a transplant myself and trying to read and understand gun laws in this state is like solving a puzzle. I have a few safe queens of my own that I’d like to offload, so I felt compelled to finally quit lurking and speak up.

The knowledge on this board is amazing. I’ve lived in 10 states now, and never anywhere as confusing as Maryland.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Search function sucks . You'd do better to put the subject plus Mdshooters into google .

wingsfan

Feb 11, 2017
    Ceciltucky
    Ok…what shotgun are you looking for? You may be able to work a partial trade with a dealer.
    As Mike OTDP said, a trade may be your best bet. Perhaps a local gun show may be the opportunity to trade with a dealer for your Glock, or you may find someone that would be willing to buy your gun outright. It's easy, fairly inexpensive, and convenient. Just make sure it's in a case and check it in with the police who are covering the gun show. They usually inspect it and put a zip tie thru the action.

FNFZ4

Aug 7, 2016
    DC Metro
    As Mike OTDP said, a trade may be your best bet. Perhaps a local gun show may be the opportunity to trade with a dealer for your Glock, or you may find someone that would be willing to buy your gun outright. It's easy, fairly inexpensive, and convenient. Just make sure it's in a case and check it in with the police who are covering the gun show. They usually inspect it and put a zip tie thru the action.

Yea I am considering it. The glock isnt really special. 5 mags and trigicon night sights are the only upgrades I have done with it. I have been offered 200-300 for it. at that price ill just keep it.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Best bet is to find the hypothetical person with one of those shotguns , who wants a Glock .

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    What is the thing you are referring to? Sell gun? Thats not a phrase I recognize....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    I always just take em into the gunstore and plop em on the counter. No, they don’t give me as much as a private sale would but with my schedule I don’t have time for all that. Some stores I’ve found will pay you more than others.

HokieKev

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Reviving this old thread as I may be lookin to sell some guns soon. If you do a private transfer how do you actually receive payment. If by check, how do you know it won’t bounce?

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Reviving this old thread as I may be lookin to sell some guns soon. If you do a private transfer how do you actually receive payment. If by check, how do you know it won’t bounce?
    If you have to wonder if the buyer's check might bounce, you need that buyer to hand you cash. If they have enough money in the bank to write you a check, they have enough to hit the ATM and get you a stack of nice, confidence-boosting twenties.

Crosseye Dominant

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2018
    Use Zelle. But for a handgun you are going to be hanging onto it for a week in Maryland if you do it through the MSP barracks, so plenty of time for the check to clear.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I can empathize with the OP as a low count person myself. As with most forums, you get the “did you use the search function “ more than constructive help. I will say that is not the case here.

I’m a transplant myself and trying to read and understand gun laws in this state is like solving a puzzle. I have a few safe queens of my own that I’d like to offload, so I felt compelled to finally quit lurking and speak up.

The knowledge on this board is amazing. I’ve lived in 10 states now, and never anywhere as confusing as Maryland.

I've only ever lived in MD and PA. As for complexity, yes. Maryland is perhaps one of the most complex of all states for firearm laws.

Living in a state with less complex firearms laws is on average a better thing. But it can be worse. Because you've got two options. It is less complex because there are fewer laws restricting things. Or it is worse, because the answer to "can I" is almost universally no (California, Hawaii, New Jersey as examples).

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    I only take cash if in person. For GB I only take USPS money order. That will narrow down the amount of people willing to buy from you but you only need one serious buyer. I don’t sell much but the past 6 months I’ve done a product rotation and have sold here , word of mouth , another forum and GB. All sales went very well. Good luck!

MaierApril

Oct 17, 2017
    For handgun sales, is it legal for a seller of a handgun to give the buyer standard capacity magazines disassembled as parts so that the buyer can go across state lines to reassemble the magazines themselves or is this not allowed?

Thinking is selling some firearms and would like to include magazines higher that 10 rounds to a prospective buyer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom