• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jul 1, 2012
    From the limited pics the revolver looks original, would need better pics of all the markings and the S/N.
    Looks like a Colt 1860 Army to me. The accessories have a nice patina. Box is most likely modern.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Look for made in Spain. Or made in Italy.

Look for Armi San Marco or Uberti or Pietta. All replica manufacturers.

If the cylinder is rebated and has gear style teeth on the ramming lever, it's an 1860 Army model.

Jul 1, 2012
    Repro/replica won't have the correct Colt S/N underneath (barely see the 3 s/n's here in front of trigger guard),
    if it's an 1860 Army the S/N went from 1 up to 200,000

The patina on the boxed gun looks genuine, unless someone went to a lot of trouble to age a replica.
    Need more pics ! :)

this one's circa 1863 which was a big production year (probably for a reason).

The Army model has a Navy battle scene engraved on the cylinder. Go figure.

Army (1860) is .44 caliber, Navy (1861) is .36 caliber - they look very much the same.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      43.7 KB · Views: 524
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      74.9 KB · Views: 540
    • c1.jpg
      c1.jpg
      24.1 KB · Views: 532

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    There is a nice sub inspector mark on the cylinder and may be more elsewhere but sometimes they were omitted because the frame may have already been case hardened. You might find something in the brass back-strap.There should be an inspection mark on the grip panel. The way the address at the top of the barrel has some significance for how the script reads but I forget what it is. It has something to do with Col. Colt and New York or Hartford for assembly. What does it say on the grips? there's something on there that your pictures are not capturing.

Jul 1, 2012
    Don't confuse the pixs of Colt I posted for reference with the OP's gun :)
    The Colt address on OP is correct font etc for an 1860/1861, war-era... I've never had a replica so can't speak to what they use.

The military acceptance stamps on both sides of lower grips are often worn off but may still be able to detect traces.
    It's cut for the shoulder stock (like mine) and not sure the commercial versions had that.

Here's an "everything you wanted to know about Colt 1860 inspection marks" - literally :
    https://springfieldarsenal.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/rampant-colt-spring-2010-page-28-35.pdf

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I was looking at the wrong picture! My 1860 #12475 has the four screw frame and is roll marked just like the one in the picture. The cylinder is smooth with no naval scene and is a civilian model as far as I know. I had notes on the revolver at one time but do not know where they're at. I cant tell anything from the OPs picture but it would be great if there were more to follow especially of the case and the flask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom