What's your favorite belt for concealed carry?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    +1 for the Beltman. They are so good you can wear them for both dress and casual. I have black and brown 1.5 inch Bullhide. The horsehide is even better.

www.thebeltman.net

If you want to show off-get Shark.

jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    I also have the Wilderness Tactical Frequent Flier with the lighter Delrin rings, but mine is 3-stitch instead of 5. I find it still has plenty of stiffness for supporting a smaller handgun...I've carried a full-sized M&P9 with no problem. It's also holding up very well to every-day use (can't carry a gun every day, but I've been using the belt almost every day).

The other one I have is a 5.11 black leather belt that came for free with a pair of khakis that I had ordered. It is awful. I'd be pretty upset if I actually paid money for it. It seems pretty stiff and sturdy when brand new, but shows wear very quickly. That crease that normally forms at the hole where you buckle has now cracked nearly all the way through the interior "stiffener" portion of the belt, which from what I can tell, looks like some sort of particle board made of leather grain. Much of the "black" has worn off pretty quickly around the buckle area. I have only been wearing it occasionally for a few months, and it is almost ready to throw out.

If I wanted leather again, I would try Comp-tac or Beltman.

RhinoActual

RhinoActual
    Feb 16, 2010
    Severna Park
    I like the Tactical Tailor Riggers Belt.
    51003-2_350x350.jpg

Fustercluck

Aug 4, 2008
    Eastern Shore
    I really like my wilderness tactical belts the most for a couple reasons, it is 1.75" wide and has a middle layer of Kydex or plastic or something that makes it very rigid. The belt is very sturdy which is the best type of belt when carrying or drawing from your holster as it doesn't flex and cause the holster to cant at an angle that the gun won't come out. This has happened to me on more than one occasion trying to use a normal type belt. Buy a reinforced belt that is designed for carrying a firearm, this is your life your going to protecting, buy once cry once. Just about every holster manufacturer makes them, I happen to like everything I have ever bought from Bianchi.

+1 on the Wilderness Tactical

My only beef with this belt is that it screams "gun belt". The OP stated he was looking for a carry belt. My assumption is that he meant concealed carry. Although the Wilderness belt is the cat's nutsack for competition, tacticool, etc, it would really stand out for daily wear.

I use a Kramer 1.25" 2x thick horsehide belt for daily carry, and a Kramer 1.25" shell cordovan belt when wearing a suit. It is very stable and comfortable for all day carry, and it isn't big enough to suggest that I am hiding a handgun. When I wear black dress shoes, I have an Alden 1.25" 2x thick shell cordovan belt, so I don't violate any ghey fashion rules.

http://www.kramerleather.com/productDetail.cfm?productID=34&categoryID=2
    http://www.kramerleather.com/productDetail.cfm?productID=63&categoryID=2
    http://www.aldenshoes.com/Accessories.asp?Action=ShowOne&CategoryID=11

For competition, I use a Kramer 1.5" 2x thich horsehide belt that is marginally more stable, but it fits my 1.5" Comp-tac and Bladetech hosters better.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    My only beef with this belt is that it screams "gun belt". The OP stated he was looking for a carry belt. My assumption is that he meant concealed carry. Although the Wilderness belt is the cat's nutsack for competition, tacticool, etc, it would really stand out for daily wear.

I dunno....I wear mine about 3 days a week to school (the belt that is) :D

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church

I wore my Wilderness belt for a few years before I ever moved to PA and had a carry license. I guess maybe if you tuck your shirt in every day, someone might think it looked military/police-like, but I've never had anyone say "hey man you have what looks to be a gun belt, have you got a gun on your waist?" - and I wear this belt 99% of the time I have pants on...

That being said, I was at a bachelor party a couple years back, and the strippers wanted to whip the groom and best man with belts, so requested all guys remove their belts and throw them in a pile to select one to use. The lead stripper grabbed mine after the buckle hit the floor and rang out loud, picked it up and said "holy s**t this is hardcore! Actually too hardcore, not gonna use it!"

I was wearing a s**t-eating grin for a minute there lol. The Wilderness belt is serious, and only serious people wear it. ;)

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    "For me" dead animal skin conforms to body shape justenought to be more comfortable than synthetic.

The better quality of work and Western belts will work as long as they remain stiff enough. Yes , depending on the holster and your body shape, there a point where a belt is too soft for carry, yet will still keep your pants in place.

The offerings from any well known or well regarded holster maker will be suitable, and usually outlast "normal" belts.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I have used one of these at least 5 days a week for years now.
    63205-main-200.jpg

http://www.filson.com/products/1-1-...essories/belts-suspenders&fmetaProduct=101112

It is a filson, double leather belt and has a lifetime warranty. 70 bucks.

A LOT of people sleep on the type of belt they use for personal carry. Your typical docker dress belt, etc... will not hold up to a retention situation if someone grabs your holster and tries to rip it off your hip. Invest in a good quality holster belt. Any belt offered from any of the holster makers are perfect, after all they know what it takes to hold a gun and holster properly to your body. A shoddy carry belt is one of my biggest pet peeves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom