What's your favorite junk pistol for the range?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Saint

Black Powder Nerd/Resident Junk Collector
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 10, 2021
    Baltimore County
    Everyone has a piece of junk in the safe that is just fun to shoot, right? I have a few, but my #1 junker has to be the USFA Zip 22. What about you all?

Attachments

• Zip 22.jpg
      Zip 22.jpg
      133.5 KB · Views: 162

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    Everyone has a piece of junk in the safe that is just fun to shoot, right? I have a few, but my #1 junker has to be the USFA Zip 22. What about you all?
    Ya that’s an odd one for sure! I’ve had the pleasure/displeasure of one as well. Glad I didn’t buy that one.

The Saint

BANNED!!!
    Dec 10, 2021
    Baltimore County
    Ya that’s an odd one for sure! I’ve had the pleasure/displeasure of one as well. Glad I didn’t buy that one.

I've only owned it a for a year and they're already jumped another $100...if I get sick of it it's a pretty solid profit haha.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    They're ugly enough to be cute , and rare enough to now get stupid expensive as " rare stamps " .

But I hate those for killing USFA .

The Saint

BANNED!!!
    Dec 10, 2021
    Baltimore County
    They're ugly enough to be cute , and rare enough to now get stupid expensive as " rare stamps " .

But I hate those for killing USFA .

I think you can blame USFA for killing USFA, to be fair. It was all a conscious choice to tool up for these and get rid of the SAA tooling.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    20220317_204039.jpg

It's gotta be my cz52. I love the 7.62x25 as a cartridge and how this sumbitch just flings brass almost as hard as it throws the bullets. It's also extremely accurate, despite the old bore. The only negative is ergonomics kindve suck, especially the safety/decocker that wears a hole in my thumb when I shoot this too much.

The Saint

BANNED!!!
    Dec 10, 2021
    Baltimore County
    View attachment 410303
    It's gotta be my cz52. I love the 7.62x25 as a cartridge and how this sumbitch just flings brass almost as hard as it throws the bullets. It's also extremely accurate, despite the old bore. The only negative is ergonomics kindve suck, especially the safety/decocker that wears a hole in my thumb when I shoot this too much.

I'd be hard pressed to call that junk, but hey haha. My Jennings J-22 wants its money back.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    View attachment 410303
    I agree about the ergonomics but I've always thought the 52s were pretty cool looking guns.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I'd be hard pressed to call that junk, but hey haha. My Jennings J-22 wants its money back.

My Junk was Junk , Because it wasn't fun to shoot .

1st generation Raven .25acp was in the top two pistols worst pistols that went bang . Davis .22 Derringer was the other .

OTOH , my buddy's Jennings J-22 had a surprisingly good trigger , and soda can plinking accurate.

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    I think you can blame USFA for killing USFA, to be fair. It was all a conscious choice to tool up for these and get rid of the SAA tooling.

Slight thread drift but I kick myself whenever it come up that I didn’t get a SAA from them. Secondary market now isn’t much better than 3rd Gen colts…. Then you have to figure out if it’s their better ones or the half Uberti half USFA ones… or something like that, can’t remember exactly. I may have to go Standard Mfg before they change or disappear.

The Saint

BANNED!!!
    Dec 10, 2021
    Baltimore County
    My Junk was Junk , Because it wasn't fun to shoot .

1st generation Raven .25acp was in the top two pistols worst pistols that went bang . Davis .22 Derringer was the other .

OTOH , my buddy's Jennings J-22 had a surprisingly good trigger , and soda can plinking accurate.

I would qualify Raven/Davis/Jennings/Bryco all certified junk. Mine is not half bad with accuracy either, but that's after I fixed it haha. Got it broken for literally a few bucks.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    View attachment 410303
    I believe I have had the misfortune of shooting one of those a few times. Now, I just say no...

May 21, 2017
    Gaithersburg, MD
    G17. It's not really junk because junk wouldn't work as well and as consistently as it does, but it's pretty damn ugly. For some reason, I can shoot pretty effectively with it compared with other, higher quality handguns that I have.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    G17. It's not really junk because junk wouldn't work as well and as consistently as it does, but it's pretty damn ugly. For some reason, I can shoot pretty effectively with it compared with other, higher quality handguns that I have.
    That's the one thing about a Glock, you can hate their looks or feel, but you can't dispute their efficiency.

I look at pistols as purely self defense tools. I don't care what they look like in a glamour shot magazine ad. I'm not romantic about them. I want something dependable and something I won't worry about getting scraped up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom