• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ktigerJ

Ultimate Member
    Jun 5, 2013
    I am thinking about a .22 hand gun and a Ruger 10/22. I've been mulling trying to do a SBR with a pre-Oct 1 lower.

So I have a little cash set aside and will be visiting the Free US in about two weeks.

My question is should I save a little more and do a.458 SOCOM upper on that Lower or get a 10/22 Ruger and some mags? I have about 420 (no jokes) right now.

chairyland

Jul 7, 2014
    Howard County
    Pistol:
    CZ SP-01 (9mm). Love my CZ P-09, but it needs a non-polymer friend :)

Rifle:
    Really wanting to build an AR15 platform rifle ever since MD started allowing the sale of stripped lowers again.

Shotgun:
    Mossberg 930 JM Pro, because all the cool kids have one! ;)

Coffee

Jan 12, 2009
    Odenton
    I picked up a lower from 2A Sales earlier this week. I haven't decided what I want to do with it yet, though I'm leaning toward 300blk pistol.

I also placed an order for a Remington 700 AAC.

Between those two, my time and budget will be occupied for awhile.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I am actively seeking a Colt 1911 Model 70 in stainless steel. Scott's Gunsmith was a bust so I just reached out to Fox in Columbia. This is the gun that saved my grandfather's life in WWII. He was the bombardier in a B-17 over Germany and it was common to stuff the gun in front of your chest and flak jacket instead of in the holster for extra protection. He took a chunk of flak to chest and it shattered the 1911 but he walked away. I've always wanted one and maybe one day I will get an authentic WWII issue weapon, but this is a good start.

Uh, no SS 1911s in WWII. :)

Also no Series 70s. :)

HawaiiMark

Aug 2, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Uh, no SS 1911s in WWII. :)

Also no Series 70s. :)

I know it's not historically accurate but the Series 70 is the closest to the original design and I like the look of the stainless steel. One day I would like to purchase a period piece. This is my first handgun so it seemed to be the perfect starter gun for me. Fox was able to locate the gun and they have ordered it, then I just have to wait the 7 days after it arrives.

The HQL was super easy, I did the class at Dukes last Sunday, got fingerprinted at the Laurel police station Monday morning and applied online Monday afternoon. I was approved online by Wednesday morning and I got the HQL card in the mail Friday.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Just making sure you knew. :)

I started with a blued Series 70. Great pistol.

BTW, make SURE you properly lube the SS versions. SS slide on SS frame can gall if not properly lubed.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    On a pause for a while, unless interesting target of opportunitiy playtoys walk past at good prices. Such as M1 carbines, 1903A3s, Mausers, MAS 49s etc.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I am actively seeking a Colt 1911 Model 70 in stainless steel. Scott's Gunsmith was a bust so I just reached out to Fox in Columbia. This is the gun that saved my grandfather's life in WWII. He was the bombardier in a B-17 over Germany and it was common to stuff the gun in front of your chest and flak jacket instead of in the holster for extra protection. He took a chunk of flak to chest and it shattered the 1911 but he walked away. I've always wanted one and maybe one day I will get an authentic WWII issue weapon, but this is a good start.

Just saw the pistol you NEED.

Remington Rand, 1911, built in 1944, Aircrew pistol, with holster and other goodies.

Continental in Timonium has it. It isn't cheap, but would be about as close as you can get to the one your Grandfather had.

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    Nothing that is specific but always on the lookout for high condition vintage American sporting rifles and shotguns, makes searching thru gun shops and shows interesting.

HawaiiMark

Aug 2, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Just saw the pistol you NEED.

Remington Rand, 1911, built in 1944, Aircrew pistol, with holster and other goodies.

Continental in Timonium has it. It isn't cheap, but would be about as close as you can get to the one your Grandfather had.

Any idea how much they are asking? I just dropped $1100 on the Series 70 so I am little tight but can come up with the money if it is the right gun.

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    I've been eyeing it up since I first learned about it... but my next may very well be the Lionheart LH9.

No HQL, no magazine limits/restrictions, and best of all no wait time. Plus with the money we'll be saving monthly on the new place, it ought to facilitate the purchase nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom