When will the MSP collect firearms from newly prohibited persons?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    The Bill of Rights Still applies. They would have to have a "search warrant" and a warrant for their arrest.

Without those they can pound sand.

That's an ironic statement. So you're saying they would not be allowed to violate your constitutional rights to enforce the process of violating your constitutional rights?

Exactly, they have already shit on our 2A rights, what's going to stop them from shitting on the rest of them.

JettaRed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Middletown
    What bothers me is that the only people forced to give up their constitutional rights have historically been felons. People who have gotten off on PBJ are not convicted felons, they are merely normal citizens in terms of the law. Do people with PBJ's still have the right to the 1st amendment? Do they still have a right to vote? So why are we taking away their 2nd amendment right?

Actually, a PBJ is a conviction. You are found guilty. The PBJ is a chance for first offenders to get a second chance by demonstrating they can be good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Actually, a PBJ is a conviction. You are found guilty. The PBJ is a chance for first offenders to get a second chance by demonstrating they can be good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

You are wrong.

By accepting PBJ you give up your right to an appeal as it's not a conviction.

JailHouseLiar

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 26, 2013
    Timonium, Maryland
    Gotta love it. Thousands will become criminals and have no idea until the cops show up. We need to charter a big ass boat. At this rate we will all be ineligible by next year. We are the practice run for National disarmament. We have seen a few cases where people who have been buying guns for years have become newly inelligable. They went to buy something and instead of a ND they got their guns confiscated. With the new HQL there are ever fewer people that you could give your collection to meaning the state gets them and they will be destroyed. Domestic Enemies and their willing Minions are all equally guilty.

Well then, we should show them how foolish it is to piss off large groups of armed people. :innocent0

I'll move PDQ

DaceNemo

Small fish. Big pond.
    Mar 17, 2013
    Baltimore
    Just to verify for personal reasons a stet and/or nolle prosequi aren't the same as a pbj correct? Thanks in advance.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Just to verify for personal reasons a stet and/or nolle prosequi aren't the same as a pbj correct? Thanks in advance.

My brother in law just went through that whole stet thing. He applied for his first handgun a few months ago and was worried he wouldn't get approved because of the stet so he called and talked to the licensing division and they told him that they could not disapprove him for the stet because he was never taken to court for the charge. As you know, the prosecution issues the stet in good faith that you won't cause any more problems in the near future. They put the charges on hold.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    A Nolle is a flat out dismissal.

In very broad oversimplification , Stet is kinda like PBJ , but done by States Atty instead of Judge. In many instances it's kind of a face saving move by SA , when it should have really been Nolle'd . Other occasions they mean it on purpose.

pilotguy299

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2010
    FredNeck County, MD
    I think we should check all of the members of the GA against maryland case search, and other states they lived in before maryland, and report any of them that are now prohibited to the MSP.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    I think we should check all of the members of the GA against maryland case search, and other states they lived in before maryland, and report any of them that are now prohibited to the MSP.

Maybe people who can't be trusted with guns shouldn't be trusted with public office. Crap we have had 2 presidents that would never be able to pass a background check.

Jakedasnake

Aug 11, 2012
    Where have you seen that this will happen? Because a person is NOT convicted under a PBJ as long as they complete it successfully, i.e. No convictions after the PBJ! That's CASE LAW!!!! Even the Supreme Court would uphold this! Now, if they state that you receive a PBJ from here on out, they may just be able to confiscate your weapons until the PBJ is concluded. But I see no valid reason that would not cause for a massive lawsuit, that they would surely LOSE if they did not return them after successful completion! IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Jakedasnake

Aug 11, 2012
    By the way, after successful completion of a PBJ, it's Nolle Prosse! Which can then be Expunged from the record. NEVER TO BE LOOKED AT AGAIN! Unless you're applying for a Police/Correctional/etc type of job!

Jakedasnake

Aug 11, 2012
    This is coming from a person who was a pretrial investigator for approximately 10 years for the district and circuit courts of Maryland!

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    Unless the do something to bring themselves to the attention of law enforcement they like be able to keep their weapons. A task like that involves too much man power

Don't kid yourself. MD's goal is complete disarmament. They will find the man power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom