• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pleasant1911

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    Where can I buy “cheap” firewood between Hancock and Cumberland, delivered? Or even pick up? What is the going rate for firewood? How much does $100, $150 buy? Thx

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    you have any mills near you, usually you can get slab wood (the wood left over when a mill "squares" a tree) for decent money it has to be split but most of the time it can be split with an axe or hatchet

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Be careful of "cheap" wood. Often it is wood that isn't properly seasoned that the seller wants to get rid of. It won't burn very well for you.

$150 might get you a half cord of firewood, a cord being 4'x4'x8', and you'd probably have to pick it up yourself.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    They used to let you gather downed trees (pulled beside the road by rangers) for firewood in Green Ridge. Not sure if they allow that any more. I'd check before proceeding.

pleasant1911

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    Be careful of "cheap" wood. Often it is wood that isn't properly seasoned that the seller wants to get rid of. It won't burn very well for you.

$150 might get you a half cord of firewood, a cord being 4'x4'x8', and you'd probably have to pick it up yourself.
    Is half cord 2x2x8 a lot of wood? Need it for camping at green ridge park. Didn’t realize wood was so expensive.

Last edited:

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    They used to let you gather downed trees (pulled beside the road by rangers) for firewood in Green Ridge. Not sure if they allow that any more. I'd check before proceeding.
    Some 20 years ago, I'd go into Lake Needwood and delimb and buck downed oak trees. Got scolded one day and told Karen to fvck off. Park Police came and very cordially asked me to cease and desist. Was great while it lasted...

pleasant1911

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    Will do. Exactly where we are headed

boatbod

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2007
    Talbot Co
    Most MD State Parks specifically do not want you to bring your own firewood to camp because of the risk of insects being inadvertently transported to previously uninfested areas.

Got ya. Did not do my math right. 1/2 of 4x4x8 is 2x4x8. Was thinking 2x2x4…smh. Lol

1698961307533.jpeg

Full cord
    images

Half cords

Even thinking 2x2x4 is a lot of firewood for one night.

You can pickup firewood bundles from the locals for $20

$8.00 per bundle

Three of those bundles for $18 total will be more than enough for a night of camping.

Grampa G

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2010
    Washington Co.
    I'm outside of Hagerstown and found a guy across the river who sells a cord of hardwood for $160 and stacks it for an extra $20. Others here are around $200 delivered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom