• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigMac

Oct 15, 2023
    Baltimore
    I'm curious where people buy their scopes from. Is there generally loyalty to a retailer, consistently low prices, good service, or do you just shop around for the best deal?
    I haven't had a chance to buy from them yet, but I have found that B&H has consistently low prices on their scopes, especially vortex. I haven't seen their name mentioned on this forum so I thought I'd throw it out as a place to shop. They also have some other accessories that can be useful to the sport including monopods, bipods, tripods, cases, etc.

Ski169

May 28, 2012
    Depends on what I want and who has it. I just bought a limited production scope from Midway for my M110 build because they happened to have it. And it was “on sale”. And my “birthday price” took a few more bucks off. I’ve purchased direct from Leupold before. EuroOptic gets great reviews and I will use them in the future when I’m ready for my next optic purchase. As long as it’s a reputable seller I wouldn’t worry too much. But I don’t chase the lowest price. I’m willing to spend a little more at my trusted places for peace of mind that I’m not getting ripped off.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I'm curious where people buy their scopes from. Is there generally loyalty to a retailer, consistently low prices, good service, or do you just shop around for the best deal?
    I haven't had a chance to buy from them yet, but I have found that B&H has consistently low prices on their scopes, especially vortex. I haven't seen their name mentioned on this forum so I thought I'd throw it out as a place to shop. They also have some other accessories that can be useful to the sport including monopods, bipods, tripods, cases, etc.
    I've bought new from eurooptic in PA (in person, not online). I have also bought from local vendors if it's an optic they can get. I'm a glass snob so some things aren't available to smaller dealers. If it is available through "normal" distributors, Brian at scsg is usually worth a call to get a price. He can be competitive with some of the online places if he's just ordering it in and I don't care if it takes a couple weeks so he can do it on a stock order. For some of the less available brands, I have been happy with MD Arsenal as they were willing to order exotics. Some things, it is pretty much eurooptic, b&h, and mile high. I know it costs more in time and money to drive all the way to eurooptic but I still do it. They are willing to pull two $5000 scopes out and walk outside for you to test em side by side. Not many places like that left.

For used stuff, I am leery of online buying. I will only do so if it is from someone who is vouched for by a close associate. I've bought stuff here from the classifieds but always met in person to check the glass out in hand. So far, so good. Met some good people that way, too.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    I haven't personally bought from them but my buddy who was a professional photographer has. They're a big operation and the reviews for them are consistently high.

JKrew

Jul 2, 2008
    It's worth checking local shops too. In the summer I was looking for a Vortex UH-1 and wanted to support a local business and didn't feel like waiting for shipping. I checked Engage in Rockville and was surprised to find they had it for about $20 less than the usual online sites without even counting what the shipping would have added!

MattFinals718

Nov 23, 2022
    Arlington, VA
    I currently own five optics (all reflex, no magnified), three of which I purchased as brand-new. I don't have any particular site that I favor; I tend to grab optics from any site where I see a good deal. Here's where I've bought my NIB optics, and what I paid:

- Aimpoint Patrol Rifle Optic (PRO): Purchased from AIMSurplus in 2018. Original price was $430, but I got mine for $375 during a Labor Day sale.
    - EOTech EXPS3-0: Purchased from Brownell's in 2019. The price at the time was $675, but it was on sale for $575, and then I also found a discount code that took down the price another $50, so I paid just $525 total. (Still the best deal I've ever received on an NIB optic.)
    - Trijicon MRO HD: Purchased from MidwayUSA in 2022. Original price was $725; I got mine when it was on sale for $650.

My other two optics are an EOTech 553 and a C-More C-TAC; both are out-of-production and were purchased as used from GunBroker sellers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom