• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    As much as g&s needs removed our state has many pressing issues. Our new Governor is chipping away, gaining support and I truly believe with what goes on in the city and schools etc. he is waiting for the right time to pop the seal on that can of whoop ass. Did anyone believe this state would change overnight with the election of Hogan? We have three more years. Keep plugging away. Give all your support and maybe just maybe!

Why all this speculation that Hogan is so pro firearms, enough that he gives a sh1t about Maryland carry laws? What have I missed other than rumor? I find absolutely no evidence other than the game of telephone that Hogan is the Patron Saint of shall issue. He dodged the CCW question on an interview after he was Governor, short memories..

I can't tell you how many left-leaning people I know who don't have a problem with guns, even if they don't own one themselves. Back when we had the riots I had so many people contacting me about purchasing their first.

I'd venture to say 25% of the country is actually anti-gun, and a similar percentage would apply in Maryland. Of course if you poll people and ask them where they side, you may see a greater percentage favor gun control, but these people don't have strong opinions on the matter.

I shoot with some lefties. They are adamant against carry. They have steel locked rooms with six figures worth of rifles and all the NFA regulated stuff you can think of, squirt $200 of ammo a week at Bethesda IWLA and are anti carry.

What county do you live in to think Maryland is only 25% against gun laws?

What promises? Only thing I heard him say was there would be no changes to Marylands 2A laws..........

I heard that more than once, but he's not to be believed. It is code or something. :lol2:

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    Also I've said this before here. Call me cold hearted, but Hogan's cancer should not be used as an excuse for anything. And I'm not talking strictly 2A. If your medical condition is preventing you from perforoming at 100% then you need to step down. That goes for any position of leadership anywhere. My prayers are with him and it is an awful situation but the office of Maryland Governor is bigger than him. If he can swing all of the treatments and continue in good faith ... good on him. But no excuses.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Foundational Change.

IMO...

He's putting pieces in place to minimize pushback, and smooth the process when it does happen.

I got smacked for saying this before the Inaugural, but I firmly believe that, at soonest, we'll be looking at this time next year. More likely after session 2017, though.

In any case, it will require smart pressure on the GA from the public, as well as finding ways to 'normalize' carry. The changes at the HPRB, and in MSP, are steps to that end, but more will be needed.

It's happening, even though we don't see a lot of it. Plus, it's not really been a 'normal' first 9 months on office.

We're gun owners, we tend to look at everything through gun eyes. The rest of the world doesn't. In this state I doubt Charlton Heston would be pushing that issue right out of the gate with no political posturing beforehand

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    A squirly young delegate sent a letter to the AG asking about this, and the AG shut this line down. It's possible if that letter hadn't been sent, it might be an option.

The best option now is continuing to work with the HPRB, they seem receptive to listening to logic, and have overturned some MSP denials.

Don't mince words...state the squirly young bastard delegate's name!

Elections have consequences. The Republican AG either didn't have money or had bad staff cause I feel like he didn't even try until the end.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

What do you expect from this state's GOP! Hell, they didn't EVEN run ANYONE against Dougy Gansler. That was shameful enough.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    I haven't seen him overtly rock the boat on anything controversial and I can't imagine that he's going to start anytime soon. Not saying that he's not doing good work, he's changing a ton, but he doesn't seem too interested in the political policy side of being governor. In my opinion, that's why he'll get a second term and why he'll be VP in a few years. Especially if Christie ever wins.

UGH! NO! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!

Screw that guy! Anti-2A bastage that he is! NO WAY!

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Don't mince words...state the squirly young bastard delegate's name!

What do you expect from this state's GOP! Hell, they didn't EVEN run ANYONE against Dougy Gansler. That was shameful enough.

There have been a couple of threads on the Delegate and the letter, his name is Fisher. The letter came from the Deputy Counsel to the General Assembly, AAG Kathryn Rowe.

See attached.

Attachments

• Fisher letter from AG 06 09 15-1.pdf
      330.2 KB · Views: 144

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    If he supports a new gun restriction would he get his second term? Scarey thought but he is a politician and is friends with Christie.

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    If he supports a new gun restriction would he get his second term? Scarey thought but he is a politician and is friends with Christie.

What is going to stop him from a second term is his failure to keep most of the campaign promises he made....in order to keep most of them he needs to successfully bargain with Mike & Mike and the rest of the MGA.

In order to successfully bargain with them he needs a pretty good pile of chips.....unfortunately he does not have a lot of those....

Additional gun restrictions is a big one....I can easily see him showing a willingness to sign additional gun restriction bills in exchange for some the fiscal reforms he promised....

For every pro 2a voter he ticks off he would probably win the heart of anti 2a voter plus keep the pro 2a voters that are more interested in seeing fiscal reforms.....

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    What promises? Only thing I heard him say was there would be no changes to Marylands 2A laws..........

These were promises that came from a fundraiser he did for another candidate. Myself, MrH , Minuteman, and several others were there. He was specifically speaking to us and Mr.H later quoted the conversation to the newspaper.

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    the truth of the matter is that no matter what happens to the 2A situation under Hogan's first term, he is still a better alternative to whatever (D) party trolls are rolled out to run against him. for all we know that's why miss mayor of Ballermore isn't running for another term as mayor because they are going to make a play to put her in the governors mansion. Or frosh.... I'm sure people would love to have him as the next governor... or even better, what about a tag team of mike and mike as the governor and lieutenant governor? sounds like a great plan.

I find it IMPOSSIBLE to believe the person who will be running against Hogan in 2018 is going to be a better alternative for any issue, including 2A.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    the truth of the matter is that no matter what happens to the 2A situation under Hogan's first term, he is still a better alternative to whatever (D) party trolls are rolled out to run against him. for all we know that's why miss mayor of Ballermore isn't running for another term as mayor because they are going to make a play to put her in the governors mansion. Or frosh.... I'm sure people would love to have him as the next governor... or even better, what about a tag team of mike and mike as the governor and lieutenant governor? sounds like a great plan.

I find it IMPOSSIBLE to believe the person who will be running against Hogan in 2018 is going to be a better alternative for any issue, including 2A.

:thumbsup:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

QFT

Mr H

Banana'd
    These were promises that came from a fundraiser he did for another candidate. Myself, MrH , Minuteman, and several others were there. He was specifically speaking to us and Mr.H later quoted the conversation to the newspaper.

And, to be clear... none of those promises related to actual, overt changes, but rather that he had gun owners' interests in mind, and understood the things he could (and would need to) do to effect broader carry rights.

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009

Miss mayor of Baltimore isn't running because her financial support is drying up.

There were multiple fundraisers scheduled for her that were cancelled...

Look for the dems to roll out Baltimore County Executive Kevin Kamenetz as the next governor.....

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009

Like most politicians....what is said publicly and what is said supposedly privately are many times two different things.

I'm sure he may have gun owners in mind....wondering how they will take it when Mike & Mike want to trade him the fiscal reforms he wants for more gun restrictions......

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Miss mayor of Baltimore isn't running because her financial support is drying up.

Look for the dems to roll out Baltimore County Executive Kevin Kamenetz as the next governor.....
    That guy is a Douchenozzle of epic proportions. I wish he would jus to away...

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    That guy is a Douchenozzle of epic proportions. I wish he would jus to away...

He is looking to run for a statewide office....he currently has about 3/4 of a million in his war chest and some additional upcoming fundraisers in the works.....

brownspotz

Ultimate Member
    Oct 22, 2013
    What everyone needs to remember is...

how do you tell when a politician is lying to you? Hint: their lips are moving.

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County

excuse me while i go vomit....

this is my entire point. there are 50 trolls that can be pit against hogan, each one worse than the next.

all we can truly hope for is that redistricting reform happens, so there are actual fair districts in the state. from there we can relieve the stranglehold the maryland D establishment has on the MGA, and we will actually have people in power that can be voted out, and will actually care about what the voters think.

this is the only way to fix the May issue BS that we have to deal with in the "Free State".

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    excuse me while i go vomit....

this is my entire point. there are 50 trolls that can be pit against hogan, each one worse than the next.

all we can truly hope for is that redistricting reform happens, so there are actual fair districts in the state. from there we can relieve the stranglehold the maryland D establishment has on the MGA, and we will actually have people in power that can be voted out, and will actually care about what the voters think.

this is the only way to fix the May issue BS that we have to deal with in the "Free State".

This is what I am thinking. Is there already a group studying this (redistricting) possibly set up by Hogan?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom