• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xgaspx

Pennsylvania Ex-Pat
    May 31, 2013
    Maryland
    There cannot be a greater violation of 2A rights than what is going on in MD right now. If Biden was touring the country advocating in favor of a 90-day waiting period for handguns the NRA would be mobilizing the troops like they did when there was a threat of Texas gun owners actually having to show a driver's license before buying an AK at a gun show. But its okay for us in MD to deal with 90+ or 100+ and growing wait times? Where the eff is the NRA here in MD? What are we paying our membership dues for? Why is it up to Maryland Shall Issue and Steve over at Atlantic Guns to sue the MSP? The NRA should be doing this for us. Does anyone else feel abandoned?

I have been quietly waiting for my regulated purchases but I am just about at my wits end. Something needs to change in this state and the NRA should be doing more to help us out. They had better look alive come Oct 1.

HK45C - Atlantic Guns Rockville 12/28/12 - ND 1/25/13
    S&W MP22 - Atlantic Guns SS 1/5/13 - ND 3/5/13
    HKP30LS - Atlantic Guns SS 3/28/13 - Waiting
    HKMR556A1 - Atlantic Guns SS 4/10/13 - Not regulated (WTF?)
    HK USP 45T - Atlantic Guns SS 4/24/13 - Waiting

NRA Member
    Utah Permit Holder
    MD Designated Collector
    Pissed off Dem about to switch sides

Billcw

Ultimate Member
    Oct 26, 2008
    Hanover,md
    umm if you havent been following the news on here ..there already is a suit going on .. And personally I would like to see the NRA fight SB281 with htier money .. that I for see is the bigger issue coming ..

SO the local issue has a lawsuit pending for time ...

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I have to agree. They did make it clear they intended to file/participate in the lawsuit against SB 281 but they haven't done much of anything else that I have seen. I'm a life member and I feel abandoned living in a liberal dominated state. It's like they won't fight a fight that they can't win which is sad

Billcw

Ultimate Member
    Oct 26, 2008
    Hanover,md
    I have to agree. They did make it clear they intended to file/participate in the lawsuit against SB 281 but they haven't done much of anything else that I have seen. I'm a life member and I feel abandoned living in a liberal dominated state. It's like they won't fight a fight that they can't win which is sad

I would have to ask the lawyers around here .. but not sure they can file until the law takes effect .

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    OH and nice first post . :sad20:

He's an Atlantic Guns lackey, what do you expect?

uploadfromtaptalk1371000424533.jpg

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

xgaspx

Pennsylvania Ex-Pat
    May 31, 2013
    Maryland
    The post was actually about the delays in the background checks not SB281. I was saying that a 90-day wait is a 2A violation that the NRA should be helping us out with rather than just gearing up to fight SB281 on October 1.

A temporary 2A violation (the delays in processing background checks) is still a 2A violation. The NRA does not seem to care about this but MSI and the Maryland Association of Firearms Retailers do; and filed a law suit against MSP to prove it. I have been paying attention.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    ***The NRA is doing a lot of work behind the scenes to help MD once the SB281 bill goes into effect on Oct 1. The MSP suit is important but lets not lose sight of the bigger fight down the road once the bill goes into effect. It has to go into effect before suits can be brought against it, or at least that is how it was explained to me by someone involved in the research and planning of how to best allocate resources to help us here in Maryland as well as the other 49 states.

Unfortunately, Maryland is a very liberal state where 4 liberal counties (Baltimore, MoCo,HoCo, PG) have inordinate influence over the entire state due to population density as well as tax base, level of political participation, etc.. Most people in those counties are seemingly anti-2a and vote in representatives that are also anti-2a. This is unlikely to change. The NRA spending finite resources on trying to change these people is not a good investment and would probably fail.

The big fights will be in the courtroom on issues bigger than the MSP suit and there is no guarantee of success, only the hope that our pro-2a side will get a fair shake in the eyes of the law as it relates to the original intentions of our founding documents. If it had not been for organizations like MSI, the NRA, etc.. SB281 *could* have been much worse for us. It's a bad bill that will do nothing to deter tragedies like Sandy Hook, Columbine, etc.. and it only inconveniences the law abiding gun owner.

If you decide to switch from a Dem to any other party in Maryland, there is a very good chance you will self-disenfranchise as this state is overwhelmingly Democrat. Please read some of the operation DINO threads and see how we pro-2a folks can have some influence in changing who represents us in Annapolis through the primary process, etc..where differences between candidates are measured in hundreds of votes as opposed to many thousands, and how we can have an easier time ousting some rabid anti-2a folks before they get to the general election.

Welcome to the forums.

Woodnickel

Mar 28, 2013
    East TN
    I personally think that a local group who is directly negatively impacted filing the suit makes it much more relevant in a court. Just my .02....

l730dc

Mar 6, 2013
    Kent Island, MD
    The current wait times are stopping people from getting the guns they want that are on the ban list.. it is definitely a 2a violation.. I put my dc paperwork in the mail today! Im not willing to let them keep me from getting the firearms I want before oct1 by turning 7 days into 100 then telling people they have to wait another 30days to buy again..

Ringmaster

Feb 9, 2013
    Howard County
    I read along time ago that the NRA does not bother with Maryland. They probably consider it a lost cause blue state. They never show up here for anything. The current threats of a lawsuit will be interesting if it happens.

xgaspx

Pennsylvania Ex-Pat
    May 31, 2013
    Maryland
    *** Unfortunately, Maryland is a very liberal state where 4 liberal counties (Baltimore, MoCo,HoCo, PG) have inordinate influence over the entire state due to population density as well as tax base, level of political participation, etc.. Most people in those counties are seemingly anti-2a and vote in representatives that are also anti-2a. This is unlikely to change. The NRA spending finite resources on trying to change these people is not a good investment and would probably fail. , Columbine, etc.. and it only inconveniences the law abiding gun owner.

I agree with everything you say but the part about MD not being worth the NRAs finite resources. As a Pennsylvania native I have seen first hand the kind of rational gun laws that can exist in a blue state that has a good relationship with the NRA.

xgaspx

Pennsylvania Ex-Pat
    May 31, 2013
    Maryland
    The current wait times are stopping people from getting the guns they want that are on the ban list.. it is definitely a 2a violation.. I put my dc paperwork in the mail today! Im not willing to let them keep me from getting the firearms I want before oct1 by turning 7 days into 100 then telling people they have to wait another 30days to buy again..

Agreed! A right deferred is a right denied.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I read along time ago that the NRA does not bother with Maryland. They probably consider it a lost cause blue state. They never show up here for anything. The current threats of a lawsuit will be interesting if it happens.

If you went to Annapolis this year, you saw the NRA there working on your behalf.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

*****This is not true. The NRA was in Annapolis working along side other groups earlier this year. The head of the NRA-ILA lives here in the suburbs of Maryland along with a bunch of other lobbyist type folk who go to bat for us in D.C. The NRA has grown stronger these past few months after Sandy Hook and that tragedy woke up a bunch of anti-gun people including legislators that have shown their true colors as to what their real long term plans are for our 2nd amendment rights (total bans and eventual confiscation).

A lot of hunters and sportsmen have finally woken up to the reality that gun grabbers are going after modern sporting rifles like the AR-15 platform now, but it will eventually include all guns if they get their way, including their rifles (which will be called sniper rifles) and shotguns (which will probably be called mass casualty arms or something..)

I think the NRA recently surpassed the 5 million member mark, including the pop tart gun kid, and older family members purchasing memberships for other family members hoping this will help keep the next generation able to enjoy hunting and shooting sports.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom