• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I wish Shooter's Discount would get them back in. He was selling 4 .50 cal cans for $25 (they were actually XM855 cans but they're the same size as .50s). I got 20 and am down to my last one.:sad20:

If you shop around on ebay you can get OK deals including shipping, especially if you're buying 5 or more. Look for "buy it now" deals.

samcolt45

Aug 22, 2010
    Columbia MD
    The best price I have been able to get 50 cal cans on Ebay for is $12.00 to $13.00 a can shipped, for 2A condition cans. You have to bid on a lot of auctions before you finally win an auction. You can get cans that are in worst condition for a little better price.

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC

I'm sad to see the HMMWVs go to the scrapyard, but maybe an MDS group buy on those three pallets of 5.56 ammo cans? Hell, the opening bid only has to be $25!

We got anybody with a truck and some volunteers to load, collect, and distribute them if we could buy 'em? I guess we'd need a front man/woman to make the purchase, too.

I could definitely get into this. Anybody else?

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    I bid all the time. If you win, add 10% Buyer's Premium and 6% MD tax to the price. Then figure 10%+ loss for damaged cans. I may bid on the lot. But not if we do a group buy. Wouldn't want to run the price up. Plus, there is some brass going also :)

Better figure $2-$3 a can. I've seen small lots go at $5 a can. Now, the large lots out of TX or CA with 10,000 cans go $1 and less. But then the buyer is big like Cheaper then Dirt, plus shipping is $3,000 +/-.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    I bid all the time. If you win, add 10% Buyer's Premium and 6% MD tax to the price. Then figure 10%+ loss for damaged cans. I may bid on the lot. But not if we do a group buy. Wouldn't want to run the price up. Plus, there is some brass going also :)

Better figure $2-$3 a can. I've seen small lots go at $5 a can. Now, the large lots out of TX or CA with 10,000 cans go $1 and less. But then the buyer is big like Cheaper then Dirt, plus shipping is $3,000 +/-.

I was thinking of bidding too. I have a truck and tailer, but if we all bid, the gov would get rich. :lol2:

Unbelievable. Seems like this should be brought to the attention of someone. Seems odd that you could buy a version of this on the commercial market.

From what I read about these, you have to destroy them. I looks like you have to move them to a designated area, destroy them, and after the gov approves the demil, you can haul the scrap off.

how long do you have to pick up the stuff you win off that website? I bid all the time have never won a thing

It said somewhere in the description. I think you have to make prearrangements to pick it up and it will depend on the treat-con level that the base is on at the time. Don't feel bad, I've never won anything either. :envy: The price of being cheap....

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    I was thinking of bidding too. I have a truck and tailer, but if we all bid, the gov would get rich. :lol2:

From what I read about these, you have to destroy them. I looks like you have to move them to a designated area, destroy them, and after the gov approves the demil, you can haul the scrap off.

It said somewhere in the description. I think you have to make prearrangements to pick it up and it will depend on the treat-con level that the base is on at the time. Don't feel bad, I've never won anything either. :envy: The price of being cheap....
    How hard is it to get a ECU for all that BRASS I could always have brass to reload lol.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    Just looked at some ammo cans in PA on GL. Damn things are going at $10 each with days left. The one at Ft Meade ends on the 9th and is at $700 already :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom