• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tonycscott

Jan 24, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    Howdy.

I am having a hard time finding a range or other location near Baltimore, where I can set up a patterning board and shoot shotgun loads other than the standard trap and skeet loads. I need to shoot some 3.5" Hevishot in 12GA and 10GA. I have asked all the ranges I can think of - Hap Baker, Carroll County, etc..

Everyone says Elk Neck, but their web site states "no shotshells".

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

tball

Ultimate Member
    May 20, 2010
    St. Augustine, Florida
    The shotgun patterning board is near the Trap range by Memorial Hall. You will need to have a member meet you so you can shoot as their guest. I would help you, but will not be able to go to the range this weekend. I would be happy to meet you if you want to go the following weekend, send me a PM if that is okay with you. You will need to bring some paper or a big sheet of cardboard with you. The shotgun patterning target is really just a wooden frame you can staple paper or cardboard to. I'm sure there are a lot of AGC MDS who would be happy have you shoot as their guest.

The AGC is a really nice facility.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Sorry to be a pain, but which location? Marriotsville has a silouhette range and a muzzle loading range

The shotgun patterning stands are located beside the archery range. You can get to the patterning stands by taking AGC Lane (just past the 200YD High Power range, and following up the hill. The patterning stand will be on the far right as you go up the hill toward the trap fields.

I have attahed a aerial overview for your reference.

Last edited:

tonycscott

Jan 24, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    Tball -

Thanks so much. I jsut spoke with them. I need to find a club I can join by end of day tomorrow so I can show up this weekend and pay the range fee.

Can you recommend a club that I can quickly join? I am a member at Loch Raven, but that is not on the list. I can ask Jack Bart at Bart's Sportsworld, but he is in Florida.

Thanks!

Tony

boule

Ultimate Member
    Oct 16, 2008
    Galt's Gulch
    I have the same question for you regarding a club to join....quickly.

No need for that if you just want to come once to pattern the shotgun. That you can do as a guest of a member there.

I'll be happy to show you the facilities some time this weekend and "supervise" you on the patterning range - don't know which day I will be out there yet, though.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Thanks, Michael. Very kind of you.

I have the same question for you regarding a club to join....quickly.

You can join this weekend. We meet on Saturday Feb 18, 2012 at 2:00pm in Memorial Hall. There will be folks there as early as 1:00PM as they like to play poker before the meeting.

The cost to join is $45.00 MRPC dues plus $15.00 initiation fee. I am willing to waive the initiation fee as you are an MDS member. So, assuming you are are also an NRA member, all you will need are two checks: one for $45.00 MRPC fees and one for $150.00 for the AGC Range Badge. IF you are not an NRA member, no swaet as we have reduced annual memberships for $25.00.

If you have any questions, give me a call or send an e-mail or post here!

I am sure you will be hearing from other AGC club members who are part of MDS!

tonycscott

Jan 24, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    Hi, Michael.

Thank you very much for all the info.. I would like to call you and talk some more about these details, but your phone number is not listed. Could you please send me that or tell me that is on one of the websites in your signature?

You can use my personal email if you do not wish to advertise. tcscott@earthlink.net

Thanks!

Tony

Flyfishfreak

Feb 6, 2015
    AGC sponsor for 2/8/2015

Resurrecting this thread, as I am looking for someone to host me as a guest to pattern my shotgun at AGC? I am also looking for a club membership (I am a NRA member.)
    I compete competitively as a fly fisherman, am a military veteran, and spouse of an active duty Army soldier at Ft.Meade. We are transplants from Alaska and I am having trouble finding a range. Due to my work schedule as a chef, it is hard for me working mids'.

Any help would be appreciated. You can PM me, or email me. Thanks in advance!

TangaZulu

Dec 19, 2014
    Anne Arundel County
    Myrtle Grove Charles County

I will chime in late and tell you what I know about Myrtle Grove in La Plata, MD. It is a DNR maintained wildlife area with an outdoor target range for handguns, shotguns and rifles. Range is $20 seasonal permit or $5/day honor system. Eight (8) shooting stations max out at 100yds. BYO-everything but target stands are provided. There is also a trap and skeet range there but I don't know anything about it. I believe the range is closed during deer season but you can verify at the MD DNR website.

The range is basically self run, I've always seen shooters obey basic range rules of safety and courtesy and usually someone is acting as range boss if there's no DNR worker there.

An inexpensive way for you to do patterning without having to get a membership someplace. Hope this helps!

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    I am also looking for a club membership (I am a NRA member.)
    I compete competitively as a fly fisherman, am a military veteran, and spouse of an active duty Army soldier at Ft.Meade. We are transplants from Alaska and I am having trouble finding a range. Due to my work schedule as a chef, it is hard for me working mids'.

Google Meade Rod & Gun Club or the Meade Rifle & Pistol Club. Both have limited access to the ranges on Patuxant Wildlife (old fort ranges) and are member clubs for AGC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom