1911-Carry-Scorpion-detail-Hero.jpg

Any suggestion?

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Which ever you like better:D

Personally, I would go with the S&W. They are extremely reliable and smooth. Don't know much about the sig 1911s.

The Shooter

Nov 28, 2010
    A.A. Co
    I'm going to go to some shops and try and get my hands on them if I ever get a day off. I own both S&W and SIG like'em both, just don't know which manufacture I want to go with for the 1911. Thanks guys

Mt Airy

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2010
    Frederick county
    I was reading a report in I think guns & ammo the smith looks ok but the accuracy is lacking a little.WHAT about that external extractor !!!!!!!?????? how about MIM parts ??

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I was reading a report in I think guns & ammo the smith looks ok but the accuracy is lacking a little.WHAT about that external extractor !!!!!!!?????? how about MIM parts ??

Both have External Extractors that I have seen unless there are diferent models with Legacy Extractors.

Its one the issues I saw with the SIG 1911's. Ive yet to have a problem with a S&W External Extractor.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Both have External Extractors that I have seen unless there are diferent models with Legacy Extractors.

Its one the issues I saw with the SIG 1911's. Ive yet to have a problem with a S&W External Extractor.

You know the story with my Sig, and yes, the external extractor. It will be quite awhile before I'd recommend an S&W 1911 to anyone due to their employment of the external extractor design, if ever. Will have to give it more time.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    You know the story with my Sig, and yes, the external extractor. It will be quite awhile before I'd recommend an S&W 1911 to anyone due to their employment of the external extractor design, if ever. Will have to give it more time.

I cant fault you for that. Nothing wrong with being cautious. :thumbsup:

Kimerazor

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2011
    "FEE state"
    I have a S&W Performance Center 1911 stainless. Love it. Had ambidextrous thumb safety break at 100 rounds, but they fixed it & paid shipping.

Jack Gordon

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 27, 2011
    Places Unknown
    I'm not a 1911 fan, and not big on the .45 in general, BUT the s&w 1911's I've handled have been beautiful guns. Their prices are reasonable too when u see the workmanship in person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom