• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    So I am thinking about moving to Howard, Baltimore, or Carroll County. I currently live in the city but want to be closer to Owings Mills and was wondering which one would be the most beneficial. I figure Carroll would be the most enjoyable to live in but Baltimore is more swingish in terms of voters and could use more Libertarian type voters.

Anyone have any insight on which is the most practical to move to? Also, I am looking to buy and am a single male so I guess practicality of what is offered by the market kind of also dictates my final decision.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    So I am thinking about moving to Howard, Baltimore, or Carroll County. I currently live in the city but want to be closer to Owings Mills and was wondering which one would be the most beneficial. I figure Carroll would be the most enjoyable to live in but Baltimore is more swingish in terms of voters and could use more Libertarian type voters.

Anyone have any insight on which is the most practical to move to? Also, I am looking to buy and am a single male so I guess practicality of what is offered by the market kind of also dictates my final decision.

Dont' take this the wrong way, but Libertarians, unaffiliateds, independents, have absolutely no say in how MD is run since they an't vote in any Primaries.

Just sayin'

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    As others have said, if you are going through the expense of moving, move "out" of MD.

I envision a day where that poor, sad, soul will move "to" MD post 10/1 with all their firearms, settle down and start reading what it takes to add to their collection. Then I see them screaming like the guy at the end of the original Planet of the Apes.

BDWMS

Feb 21, 2013
    Howard County
    Moved to Howard last year. Taxes are high. Cost of living is high. Depending on where you live shooting BB guns is illegal on your property. Many people are anti-gun, including county council members. People are "snooty". Mark is right. Way too many have "chosen civility". Don't move here if you can help it.

I'd look out of state if you can. Carroll County would be tops among the three MD counties you listed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom