• Sig 365

Votes: 98 48.3%
    • Sprinfield Hellcat

Votes: 34 16.7%

• Total voters

kevinmcrobie

Feb 14, 2021
    I don't care for my 43x

I have a Glock 43X and I don't really like it. I've replaced the sights, but the trigger is still garbage. I don't shoot it very well. My EDC a VP9SK which I love, but it's far from "compact". I like to have something smaller for when I need to tuck, or am wearing shorts or sweats. I'm seriously considering selling the 43X and replacing it with the 365.

Parry

Nov 22, 2020
    On my way out of Maryland
    I'm looking for a micro 9mm to carry too.

Out of the choices from the OP, I'd choose a 43X. I recently checked it out at Atlantic Guns (best folks there!) and will probably get one.

I'm considering a 43X or G26 but would rather get a 43X if I can get a great deal.

outobie

Mar 7, 2012
    Annapolis
    I have the Sig and 43x. The 365 is a fine gun and I consider the 2 as equals, but I prefer the 43x (with SA 15 round mags)

I have the 43x with the SA15 round mag...I love my buddies 365 MUCH more...waaaay better trigger and build quality...if I were buying again today, it wouldn't even be a choice...365 all the way. Ha, if you want to go the 43x route I"ll sell you mine so I can get the 365!

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    P365, every day of the week. Modularity and track record are big winners in my book. The Glock 43X is a perfectly acceptable gun, but the big plus of the P365 is that it's trivial to change between the subcompact and compact grips as the situation dictates. If MD ever gave us our CC rights, I'd be packing a P365 whenever I didn't feel like AIWB'ing a larger pistol.

This, was an early adopter of the P365 and it's been my primary EDC since. Can carry OWB, IWB, AIWB even pocket, 10rd flush mags make it really small, 12rd give a full grip, good trigger, good sights, all around great pistol. The G43 is actually a little larger, holds less without Shield arms mags, the 43X is substantially larger. The Hellcat is nice, but a little larger, not as smooth, trigger is worse, and a bit more blocky.

Aug 25, 2020
    New Windsor, MD
    I walk out on the plank here and cast my vote for the Glock 43X. I am a Glock fanboy by the way. That being said, I have concealed carried for 20+ years, one of the lucky ones who was able to get a permit for business purposes, and have mostly carried a G26 or G19. I own a Sig P365, but never carry it, don’t trust it to function properly if the need arises. Probably just a mental thing, but that’s where I’m at with it. One of my best friends is a state trooper and the Hellcat is his off duty carry gun. He loves it, although I don’t think he shoots it very often. After I purchased the G43X and shot several hundred rounds through it, saw how reliable it was (never had a hiccup), saw how accurate I was with it and felt how comfortable a decent sized grip on a small pistol could be, I’ve never looked back. It’s is now my EDC. If I’m gonna carry a pistol concealed, that will be the one. Like I said earlier in this post, I do love Glocks. My first semi-auto was a G34. I’ve had the G22 also. After selling those .40 cals and transitioning to the 9mm, I now own the G43X, G26, G19, G17 as well as the G29 and G20 in 10mm for the mountains. Besides the Glocks I own the above mentioned Sig P365 and a Walther PPQ and I have bought and sold several other manufacturers pistols throughout my concealed carry years. So, to answer your question I say the Glock 43X would be a good choice, but as as always mentioned on this site and others, try all of them and pick the one you like the best, shoot the best and trust the most.

Fl1p

May 25, 2020
    P365XL, 15 rd mags, very ergonomic, optic ready. I had the P365, and just bought a P365 frame and mags. My 12 rd mags just needed a baseplate change and I am able to use them too. I shoot glocks and have some great one, I just added an optic to my daughters G48 Mos. But you really can’t beat the modularity of the P365.

Chiefscs

Sep 27, 2017
    SoMd
    Among the discussed here, I have a G43X, G26, G19 and P365. My preference is the 43X. It feels right, shoots anything I throw at it well and accurately. It was my carry preference up until Feb (30 June) when my license ran out and was denied renewal (without cause). I am sure as soon as I can get retired this year and move south, it will again be my carry preference.

Wardove

Jul 23, 2017
    Blairsville, GA
    How bout Ruger LC9S?

My sister was going to get a Little Glock, but we put the LC9 in her hand and she never let go of it. The triggers in them are surprisingly good and they do shoot well. I have the 365 too and it is super. I would not feel short changed with the Ruger if I needed to save a few bucks. I gave the Ruger to my wife, suits her fine, it just sits in a drawer tho. I carried it for a while. Even with the old gritty pre S model trigger it would do head shots at 50 yards with a rest.

hammer67

Aug 21, 2016
    Ellicott City
    I also put the Hogue handall beavertail grip sleeve on P365 and like it a lot. A guy I know held mine and he decided to order one for his.

Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    No Love for the Taurus here I see.

I'm in my waiting period, I'll make a post after i get it to the range.

hammer67

Aug 21, 2016
    Ellicott City
    The new one, the GX4. Its also half the price of a 365

It feels good in my hand, and I like the trigger better than any of the other micro 9s ive tried.

That looks like a nice gun. I would like to hold one. Looks little beefier in grip than 365. I put the hogue grip on my 365 to make it a tad bigger and i like it a lot better. Where did you find one in stock? I am near bass pro Arundel mills. Don't have a lot in stock. I also would like to see a SA XD-M elite 3.8" in 10mm if anyone knows if any shops have in stock.

Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    That looks like a nice gun. I would like to hold one. Looks little beefier in grip than 365. I put the hogue grip on my 365 to make it a tad bigger and i like it a lot better. Where did you find one in stock? I am near bass pro Arundel mills. Don't have a lot in stock. I also would like to see a SA XD-M elite 3.8" in 10mm if anyone knows if any shops have in stock.

Go to VA. I first held one at Bullseye guns. Buy it there and take the 11rnd mags with you. Ship gun to your FFL. Or use mine. I use GLR in CHarlotte hall. 20$ transfers, and gets new consignments in all the time.

I bought it at the gun show in Chantilly. Took 3-4 tries to find one willing to ship. The transfer guy they wanted me to use charges insane fees. I considered looking for Medusa to do it, but I found a guy that would ship it. it was around 370 at bullseye. I paid 339.99 at the show, plus 29 to ship.

Oct 14, 2019
    Whichever you choose, practice, practice, practice....that will impact your shooting far more than the subtleties between those three; but, I sure understand your quandary! I think Hickok45 on youtube did a comparison, check him out. I believe he carries a P365 for pocket carry, even though he's a diehard Glock guy, so that should say something. I'm not a Glock guy and found the P365 to be more refined than the HellCat. Good luck and be happy you have such great options!

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    If price is your main consideration for a concealed carry - the Sig is definitely not the gun you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom