• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    A coworker of mine almost got a Nomad but the cost of the additional module was an issue as he is budget constrained. He has a threaded 30-06 and an AR. He was able to purchase a Q Trash Panda that has two muzzle devices, one for 5.56 and one for 30 cal standard threads right out of the box.
    Q stuff is cool, and that is a good can, but they are limited to the cherry bomb or DT adapter. Also not a modular mount, so can't swap to something else. I have some defensive stuff running flash hiders where blast from a comp would suck, same with competition stuff that I like to shoot suppressed, but need a decent brake for a mount. lots that could be OK with a cherry bomb or any mild comp, and a couple with semi-tucked mounts where making up an inch or two with a linear comp mount allows a longer handguard, and shorter OAL. Griffin makes all those and more, most others might have a flash hider and a comp. There are a few cans that people are stuck with that used a mount that went obsolete, so unless they get one made, or bought spares, they are out of luck to use it with new hosts.

The move to a standard Sico Threading of 1.375X24(1.5-1.75" rifle) or 1.125x28(1 3/8" pistol) pretty much makes that can future proof as so many use that standard, you can pick mounts 3 lugs or DT adapters from most manufacturers, and a couple that make 3rd party mounts. Some even lie tu use different mounts for different platforms, a secure locking mount for a defensive firearm, simple convenient taper mount for swapping a lot of hosts, or even something like Griffin's gate lock that mounts to standard A2 flash hiders. Some companies like Q or Rugged are awesome cans, but they do lock you into their mounts, so something to consider.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Thankfully a number of manufacturers have produced muzzle devices compatible with Plan B, so folks in that environment have some decent options:

Rearden Manufacturing
    Liberty Precision Machine
    Dino Precision
    FPM Gunworks

There are probably more I don’t know about. No idea if that will cause warranty issues with Q, but frankly what they don’t know won’t hurt them.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I am slowly being enlightened on the efficacy of the modular can adapter; seems to provide a lot of options. For my more humble needs however, I'm ok with being tied to Rugged muzzle devices. Now if they make an adapter that works with the Rugged devices, well ... I would consider it, esp. for a dedicated 5.56 can.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I am slowly being enlightened on the efficacy of the modular can adapter; seems to provide a lot of options. For my more humble needs however, I'm ok with being tied to Rugged muzzle devices. Now if they make an adapter that works with the Rugged devices, well ... I would consider it, esp. for a dedicated 5.56 can.
    Ask and ye shall receive:

csxt602

Oct 29, 2020
    Essex, MD
    A coworker of mine almost got a Nomad but the cost of the additional module was an issue as he is budget constrained.
    That's why I went with DA's Xeno system. Lighter, shorter, and half of the price of their KeyMo. DA only has 2 muzzle devices for the Xeno so far (A2-style FH, and a brake that resembles Q's Cherry Bomb), but FCD is working on a Xeno version of their 6315, DA has more devices coming, and rumor has it that SOLGW might be working on a Xeno NOX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom