• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boomboom929

Dec 13, 2008
    Rockville
    Guys,

My good friend's son is graduating from high school. He's going to VMI and will eventually become a SEAL, no doubt in my mind. Athletic, smart, gentleman...great all around kid.

I want to get him a nice watch for graduation that's rugged and relevant to his path. I'm looking to spend around $120, any advice you could give would be much appreciated.

TIA

ITG

Jan 26, 2011
    Frederick County
    If you want an Invicta and are not in too much of a hurry you can order from invicta.chronoshark.com . Its a deal a day site like woot.com and they sell one style Invicta per day at a discount. You may have to check back over a few days to see something you like. I've ordered watches from the regular chronoshark site and have been happy with the service.

Integrity

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Columbia, MD
    I've always been a fan of Fossil watches. I bought one at a PX on Camp Pendleton in 1997, and I haven't worn anything but Fossil watches since then. Most are water resistant up to 5atm, and finding something in your price range will not be a problem.

Fossil Watches for men

Scopenhagen

Oct 27, 2010
    Baltimore, MD
    I would recommend a Luminox watch. They are the requested dive watches of the U.S Navy Seals. They are Swiss made and are extremely durable and rugged. They're reputation sits in the luminox self-powered illumination that makes it forever visible even under dark waters. Check out their website, they have a ton of awesome products. I personally have a few g-shocks and they're great. Dependable, durable, water/mud/*shock* resistant . i never take mine off whether im shooting running swimming, really anything. There are a ton of different styles and colors for a more personal touch. Can't go wrong with either one, although the g-shock is more affordable..

boomboom929

Dec 13, 2008
    Rockville
    Scopenhagen,
    Please post a link to where one can purchase a Luminox for $120.

I like the direction this went, i never would have thought to go this way.

I like the G-Shock but don't dig the digital, personally. I like the Luminox idea and had to up my financial commitment, but I'm divorced and have more money, hair and time now :)

Thanks for the help all...

Scopenhagen

Oct 27, 2010
    Baltimore, MD
    Sorry if i threw a wrench in the works with the pricing, i did however mention they're more expensive while vouching for the g-shock. Just giving suggestions and exploring other avenues for comparisons sake. Just thought they were a good option for the soon to be seal.

As You can see I more than value my g-shocks....

Attachments

• photo.jpg
      photo.jpg
      88.8 KB · Views: 497

boomboom929

Dec 13, 2008
    Rockville
    Sorry if i threw a wrench in the works with the pricing, i did however mention they're more expensive while vouching for the g-shock. Just giving suggestions and exploring other avenues for comparisons sake. Just thought they were a good option for the soon to be seal.

Don't apologize, you guys did exactly what I asked for...thanks for the help

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    The Seiko 007 series are about the best bang for buck going. Automatic movement. Base price is around $150 I think and go up based on features. It's a good watch and I like watches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom