• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glock_Fireman

Professional Pot Stirrer
    Apr 6, 2013
    Freedom Land
    Well I looked around and could not find anything close to this so here it goes.

White Hat Max Tuck vs. Crossbreed Super Tuck

Does anyone have any experience with either one of these? If so which one and what are the Pros and Con's?

Draco20

Apr 20, 2013
    MoCo
    Can't speak for the white hat max tuck, but I love my crossbreed. After breaking it in, you barely know that it is there. Would def. recommend the crossbreed.

Glock_Fireman

Professional Pot Stirrer
    Apr 6, 2013
    Freedom Land
    Thanks they are supposedly somewhat alike the White Hat is is a little cheaper and can be customized a little bit more that was kind of why I was asking the kydex can have pictures like the Constitution or don't tread on me or be a different color then plain old black.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I have a CBST and I enjoy it. I have horsehide and mine does creek a good bit if it's not conditioned.

I have no idea if the cow leather is any better or worst...but I plan on getting another one for my 229 and I'll try cow leather that time.

jbollman

MDCreeper
    Jul 9, 2009
    I have 2 white hats, but they are not broken in yet.
    They are nice, but I wish the Kydex was a bit tighter on the gun. Nothing that will cause an issue, but I like my holsters to snap in a bit more firmly.

Dukes Defense

Oct 2, 2012
    I have and really like the White Hat I use with my Colt Commander. I've had it for about a year now and I really like it. I'll probably buy a couple more to setup my three main carry guns so I don't have to swap out the kydex as much. I also like the constitution imprinted on my kydex. It is a very comfortable holster and with the combat cut it protects my dress shirt. Lastly and more importantly it is a vey easy to draw from.

Glock_Fireman

Professional Pot Stirrer
    Apr 6, 2013
    Freedom Land
    I have and really like the White Hat I use with my Colt Commander. I've had it for about a year now and I really like it. I'll probably buy a couple more to setup my three main carry guns so I don't have to swap out the kydex as much. I also like the constitution imprinted on my kydex. It is a very comfortable holster and with the combat cut it protects my dress shirt. Lastly and more importantly it is a vey easy to draw from.

The Constitution kydex was the one I was looking at lol:lol::lol::lol2::lol2:

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    I'd go with the Crossbreed. I have the cowhide and its perfect for my Glock 19 or 26.

Jakedasnake

Aug 11, 2012
    I LOVE my WhiteHat Holster! So much so, I WAS THE "1st" person to EVER buy one from Tony!!!! :-)
    We've had a awesome business relationship every since! Plus, CB is 1 holster for 1 gun. WH? (I coined this term) "1 holster, for Multiple Handguns!". All you have to do, is keep the Leather Backing, and replace the Kydex Scabbard for $20-25, depending on the style you want! With CB, you have to spend the full amount for a new holster, and if you have multiple guns, that's ALOT on money! IMHO
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367070699.022433.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367070730.888792.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367070762.488463.jpg

Jakedasnake

Aug 11, 2012
    Well I looked around and could not find anything close to this so here it goes.

White Hat Max Tuck vs. Crossbreed Super Tuck

Does anyone have any experience with either one of these? If so which one and what are the Pros and Con's?

And if you go with WH, let Tony know that Mr Reed from Baltimore sent cha! You may even get it faster! ;-)
    I have about 8 different kydex scabbards, and ALL the leather backings!

Glock_Fireman

Professional Pot Stirrer
    Apr 6, 2013
    Freedom Land
    And if you go with WH, let Tony know that Mr Reed from Baltimore sent cha! You may even get it faster! ;-)
    I have about 8 different kydex scabbards, and ALL the leather backings!

Thanks I will do I didn't know if anyone had ever heard of white hat but obviously a lot of people in MD have I think I will go that route.

jimd27

Nov 12, 2011
    Wow, talk about good timing. Stumbled across this thread right before i was going to order a crossbreed to replace my galco king tuk (kydex is cracking after a year of almost daily use). Anyway, I decided to go with the white hat instead, mainly due to the fact that the kydex is screwed to the backing instead of riveted. Great feature for replacement or use with other guns!

Glock_Fireman

Professional Pot Stirrer
    Apr 6, 2013
    Freedom Land
    Wow, talk about good timing. Stumbled across this thread right before i was going to order a crossbreed to replace my galco king tuk (kydex is cracking after a year of almost daily use). Anyway, I decided to go with the white hat instead, mainly due to the fact that the kydex is screwed to the backing instead of riveted. Great feature for replacement or use with other guns!

I'm glad my thread helped.

Atec

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    Maryland
    I have and really like the White Hat I use with my Colt Commander. I've had it for about a year now and I really like it. I'll probably buy a couple more to setup my three main carry guns so I don't have to swap out the kydex as much. I also like the constitution imprinted on my kydex. It is a very comfortable holster and with the combat cut it protects my dress shirt. Lastly and more importantly it is a very easy to draw from.

I have never owned a IWB holster , just ordered the black cowhide with constitution and nickel plated screws.

Thanks OP
    Dukes Defense
    And Jakedasnake , I told him Mr. Reed sent me! lol

Now I have a general question the firearm I purchased it for is a SW 1911 e series. How much larger do I have to order pants waist in when I use the holster. I am a fat arse 36 now?

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    One size up is fine. Anymore than that you start tightening denim that bunches up and is uncomfy.

Sent from somewhere in the world.

bangbangbye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 2, 2012
    have two crossbreeds and love them. never tried a white hat. was wearing one all day yesterday in PA and was a pleasure. also very comfy when sitting.

Long1MD

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2013
    Too far gone
    Crossbreed for my s&w m&p 40c. Horsehide never creaks and never needed to be broken in!...must have been a tuesday-Thursday build...lol. However, I do find the one holster for more than one gun interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom