• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cliff

Jul 2, 2005
    Northern Virginia
    I have a black K9 in 9MM. Great little gun for CCW,and it packs a punch. My third favorite carry gun after the P245,and my P229. Any other Kahr Carry folks out there?

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    D'oh! I'm dying to ask about your carry status!

The best I can do is open carry in West Virginia when visiting my brother's land. Since it's open carry, I pack a nice big Ruger P97 .45 cal.

Don't see too many Kahrs here in MD....although I almost bought a p11 at a show about a year ago.

Cliff

Jul 2, 2005
    Northern Virginia
    D'oh! I'm dying to ask about your carry status!

No big deal Spot. I have a Utah permit for when I'm in VA,still waiting on my VA permit. During runs to virginia I keep it locked away,till I cross the state line. And you know what? :evilgrin3 While up at Maryland Small Arms not to long ago,I got into a interesting conversation with 2 state troopers,and a PG county officer. Seems like the general consensus of most officers is that anti politicians are idiots,and most officers quitely support marylanders being able to carry. After all a bad guy ain't gonna go through a background check,get photographed,and get a permit,right?
    At least thats what these three officers said. Sure they could have been blowing smoke up my ass, but I tend to believe them. All three of them have many years in service,and the no BS attitude to go with it.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    I just got back from AZ, and while I was there a CCW victory took place. A guy stopped in the right lane of a 4 lane road to get an ice cream from a street vendor. While he was stopped, some jackass pulled up behind him and was angry that he stopped in the road, so he pulled a gun on the guy. The guy that was getting an ice cream pulled a small pistol out of his pocket and blasted the bad guy twice. No charges were filed against the law abiding CCW citizen for the shooting.

Also, I stopped by an indoor shooting range where you could rent guns such as an M-249 SAW or M-60 and blast away to your hearts content. It was beautiful. I was going to rent a silenced full-auto MP-5, but I didn't have time. It brought tears to my eyes to be in a state with no fear of armed citizens.

[EDIT] Here's a link to the guns you can rent: http://www.scottsdalegunclub.com/mgas/mgapricing.php [/EDIT]

Last edited:

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    consensus of most officers is that anti politicians are idiots,and most officers quitely support marylanders being able to carry.

A shame most of them won't come to Annapolis and testify.

Of course, now that I think of it, I have some longtime friends that are AA County Police and one is a State Trooper. Might be time to rekindle those old friendships. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom