• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Im ready to go, we all went last year for the first time as a family, and we had a great time, i myself am not very religious but we went with her church group, I told her before we left that if they started doing bible thumping i would pack and leave. I have no issues saying thanks for the meal and such, but i wont have religion shoved down my throat. It was a fun time had by all.

Rattlesnake46319

Curmidget
    Apr 1, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO
    That was WAY too quick. You exactly which website to link before you even finished reading my post. In fact, I think you've been trying to lure me into that club for a long time, and this was your perfect excuse. Well, I'll tell you right now, it ain't going to work Mister.

Norton told me about it last time he was down this way!

BigDuphis

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Pikesville
    gotta replace the bathroom ceiling in my camper and re-seal the skylight over the tub...the snow took a toll on it this winter :(

Justpassing

Anti-Anti-Gun
    Actually looking for a place to hike out for couple of days. Looking for somewhere my buddies and I to do a 10miler with some green bags of pain (heavy rucking :D )
    and camping.

Would love to take my friends out in the middle of nowhere and test out their willingness to be out in the wild... Although they might hate me for it :p

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    I like to canoe camp. I like near Bull Falls of the Shenandoah and on islands in the Potomac near Violets' Lock. Pretty water, no one bothers you, fish galore. No mosquitoes, either.
    :thumbsup::thumbsup: I'm going to do that this summer! I've done it before with about 20 people and 10 canoes. It is amazing how it feels like you're out in the middle of nowhere, despite being close to home. If you like bass fishing, history, and spot that will leave you in awe, consider Mallow's Bay.

Mallows Bay on the eastern shore of the Potomac River in Maryland is home to the largest ship graveyard in the Western hemisphere.

During World War 1 the US Government undertook a massive shipbuilding effort – only to see hundreds of ships left idle when the War ended. The Western Marine and Salvage Company bought more than 200 ships at a cut-price rate, hoping to scrap them for their metal, but their plan went quickly astray when fire destroyed some of the ships1, while others broke loose and sank.

169 ships were eventually towed to Mallows Bay, but after the price of scrap metal fell sharply in the stock market crash of 1929, WM&SC were soon forced into bankruptcy.

Despite several failed attempts to salvage the wrecks over the years, these rusting hulks are still with us today, but it’s evident that the local environment has adapted to accommodate them. They’re home to many species of birds and other wildlife, and the Live Maps view clearly shows that they’ve been overgrown by trees and other vegetation.

http://googlesightseeing.com/2009/02/05/the-ghost-fleet-of-mallows-bay/
    http://www.kayaktrips.net/sea-kayak/000018.html

LowRecoil

Federalist
    Mar 18, 2007
    Harford
    Not camping. I hate campgrounds generally because they are always full of some yahoos making lots of noise or otherwise acting up. That's why I prefer backpacking and getting wayyy back into the woods away from car and people noise.

This year we are looking into kayak/packing. Going down a river with gear in your kayak and sleeping along the river seems like a plan. Now, I just need to find places to do it......

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS
    I have 4 backpacking trips planned for this year starting April 16th, a few camping trips. Love it, my wife enjoys camping as long as their is a bathroom nearby. so when I go backpacking I get a little freedom.

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS
    This year we are looking into kayak/packing. Going down a river with gear in your kayak and sleeping along the river seems like a plan. Now, I just need to find places to do it......

canoe packing is great because you can carry enough gear for 2 weeks without even trying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom