• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    I have multiples because they have different barrel lengths. I also want to get another for a different length gas systems. Different calibers would be nice too.

No one has mentioned having multiples as an investment (come November the price could go way up)

jimd27

Nov 12, 2011
    Blonde, brunette, redhead. Since my wife won't let me have each of those, I shall have many ARs.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    I had 5 in 556 before my boating accident. I'll have two more in 556 after I make it to do the paperwork at The Gun Shop, but alas, those will likely suffer the same fate.

For me, they're fun to build, fun to shoot, and fun to collect in different configurations.

Dogabutila

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2010
    A 20'' with a x4 is a lot different from an 11.5 with a RDS.
    Same platform, enough modularity that it can do multiple jobs. You could technically do the same thing with 1 lower and a bunch of uppers, but who wants to have to swap uppers all the time?

I should get boating insurance. Seems like a high correlation between gun ownership and bad boathandling skill.

Ruzo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 12, 2011
    Phoenix, MD.
    I have more then 10 lets leave it at that. Because I enjoy collecting and building them. Mostly because I Can...:D

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Different trigger stock and buffer set ups for diff uses. Plus an extra for the archive.

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    I had a lightweight 14.5" one, before the kayak skeet shooting incident. I'm currently building a 18" precision one. The two will both be AR-15's, but two completely different rifles.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I have 3.5. One 20" SPR build in 6.8 for longer 3-Gun matches and maybe a deer. One 18" SPR build for 300 yards and under 3-Gun matches. One 14.5" with Aimpoint and light for things going bump in the night. I had a 16" in 6.8 but traded it off for a Vz-52. I will be building another lower for a PCC in (hopefully) 10mm and getting another 6.8 upper for short range deer hunting. I may build another for Highpower shooting, but I can get a Garand for less through CMP so I might go that route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Charles of the Manor

Latest threads

Top Bottom