• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Solman

Oct 10, 2018
    Howard County
    My boy caught this guy last week up in deep creek.

Attachments

• IMG_3145.jpeg
      IMG_3145.jpeg
      87 KB · Views: 71

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Took a 140 mile round trip boat ride yesterday to put some mahi mahi on ice and a few jacks. Had one missed hook up with a tuna. Oh and I caught my first white marlin.

IMG_7261.jpeg

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Ocean was calm today so don’t really understand why my sons friend was sea sick.
    That shortened the time out there.
    Sea bass was slow and lots of shorts but did hit some Spanish on the troll on the way in trolling 20 mins just to get enough meat for dinner.
    My spot was crowded so I think I need to spend some time finding other spots.

8f0aa606075ea3cb5002285458814ff4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    These were my two biggest from my five fish limit in our club tnx yesterday out of the Bush River. I finished 2nd and stayed in the Bush. 1st place made the run to the Gunpowder and beat my 11-1/2 pounds by 3/4 pounds.

Attachments

• Bush river tnx.jpeg
      Bush river tnx.jpeg
      202.4 KB · Views: 58

mauser58

My home is a sports store
    Dec 2, 2020
    Baltimore County, near the Bay
    These were my two biggest from my five fish limit in our club tnx yesterday out of the Bush River. I finished 2nd and stayed in the Bush. 1st place made the run to the Gunpowder and beat my 11-1/2 pounds by 3/4 pounds.
    I have been doing real well on LM in the Gunpowder this year. Some days caught over two dozen nice ones in a couple hours. Its really good fishing there this year.

BigCity

retired undertaker
    Oct 24, 2007
    Carroll County
    Took my 16 year old grandson out to Liberty Reservoir today. Didn't catch anything but watched a guy bring in 3 small catfish.

Going out again tomorrow to Piney Run Park.

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    Looking for someplace better in SOMD to take my daughter. We went out for a few hours last week to Cedarville Pond and got skunked.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    I was in Florida last week and fished a small freshwater river and feeder creek not far from Punta Gorda. We fished about an hour before dark until we couldn't see, then went back in the morning for a few hours. We used nightcrawlers on a #6 hook under a small weighted bobber. My friends and I caught feral Oscars up to about 10" and feral Talapia up to about 16". We had to fold them in half to get them in a 5-gallon bucket. The only native fish we caught were a very few 4-5" sunfish.

We put the fish into buckets and took them to my buddy's house to stock his pond/feed his gator. I offered to fillet them, but one of the guys doesn't eat fish, the other didn't want them and I was on the road.

Here are some Oscar pics. By the way, you can't lip a damn Oscar. Fortunately, they're not especially hard-bodied and they're pretty easy to grab at the gill plates. Feisty little bastages - you can see that first one eying me up.

Oscar01.jpg

Oscar02.jpg

Oscar03.jpg

The fist 2 look like Peacock bass and the 3rd one is an Oscar, I think.

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    I have been doing real well on LM in the Gunpowder this year. Some days caught over two dozen nice ones in a couple hours. Its really good fishing there this year.
    That's what I have heard lately. Me and my buddy are going to fish there on Sunday. Plan to get there early and try some topwater baits. Will also have a chatter bait and spinnerbait tied on. Hoping there is plenty of grass around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom