• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Got this mofo tonight.
    Tempted to cook him up but tossed him overboard.
    Had other fish to fillet! :D

bait thief.jpg

akalma

MDS Supporter
    Nov 24, 2008
    МоКо
    I've eaten a few catfish taken West of Whites ferry. Mostly west of 81 these days. Bass are always CPR . We did keep a couple of big walleyes a few yrs back from the Shepherdstown area.
    Don't eat anything from Anacostia. And limit your monthly consumption to 3-4 meals. There was some DNR page with recommendations based on the fishing location.

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    Went to Deep Creek Lake over the weekend. Crazy weather. 75deg out and sunny. 50's at night. The water temp was 67deg. Not a normal weather pattern for this time of year. The fishing was off. With that clear water you do better fishing on colder cloudy and windy days. With that said we did catch fish. Bass, perch, pike, and walleye. They all came out of the grass less than 10ft. deep. Still seems like a summer pattern. Did I mention all the damn boaters and jet skiers. That was the part I hated most. I saw a pontoon boat that had a 400hp outboard on it. Unbelievable....

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Went to Deep Creek Lake over the weekend. Crazy weather. 75deg out and sunny. 50's at night. The water temp was 67deg. Not a normal weather pattern for this time of year. The fishing was off. With that clear water you do better fishing on colder cloudy and windy days. With that said we did catch fish. Bass, perch, pike, and walleye. They all came out of the grass less than 10ft. deep. Still seems like a summer pattern. Did I mention all the damn boaters and jet skiers. That was the part I hated most. I saw a pontoon boat that had a 400hp outboard on it. Unbelievable....
    That is why I stay in skinny water only accessible by canoe/kayak

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    Were the docks still in?
    Flipping around docks(can't go under most cuz they're floating) with plastic crawls is deadly, even on sunny days.
    Unfortunately, all the idiot cabin owners have dragged all the old stumps out of the reservoir to use as landscape ornaments. They used to be great structure.

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    Were the docks still in?
    Flipping around docks(can't go under most cuz they're floating) with plastic crawls is deadly, even on sunny days.
    Unfortunately, all the idiot cabin owners have dragged all the old stumps out of the reservoir to use as landscape ornaments. They used to be great structure.
    All of the docks are still in along with the boats. Docks don't have to be pulled until November. A lot of the bass fishermen I saw were beating the docks but most weren't catching much. I spent a little time on the docks but didn't catch anything either. I here that is the go to pattern on hot sunny days.

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    All of the docks are still in along with the boats. Docks don't have to be pulled until November. A lot of the bass fishermen I saw were beating the docks but most weren't catching much. I spent a little time on the docks but didn't catch anything either. I here that is the go to pattern on hot sunny days.
    Sometimes, the fish will hang just off(other side of the boat) the docks, especially when fishing pressure is heavy.
    DCL is definitely an early morning bite. Once the rec. boaters hit the water, that's about it, as I'm sure you know.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I'm going up there for Thanksgiving, might bring a rod with me just in case it's decent weather

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    It will be all shore fishing. Docks will have been pulled by then.
    The docks will be all pulled but you can still launch a boat from the ramp in the state park and go fishing. I have been there late in the year in the middle of a snow storm and was catching fish. Those days are over for my old ass now. I am not that hardy anymore. lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom