• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I did an overnight kayak trip last weekend with my son in WV, North Branch Potomac. 9/30 - 10/1
    Fishing was unbelievably slow, slower than slow, Slower than slow-slow.
    We covered 7 miles sat - 11 hours of fishing, and 5 miles sunday - 6 hours of fishing.
    I only managed 4 smallies over 2 days, largest was 16" on the wopper plopper.

But I DID enjoy hand ground, bloomed, pour over coffee at sunrise, riverside as the sun came up and Bald Eagles skimming along the river.

View attachment 434325

View attachment 434326

View attachment 434327

View attachment 434328

View attachment 434329
    View attachment 434330
    View attachment 434331
    View attachment 434333
    View attachment 434332
    That looks awesome.

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Spent Friday, Saturday, and Sunday surf fishing a few hours a day in Ocean City. The waves were intense. The actual height of some of the waves looked close to 7ft without counting the 3ft of water it was riding on. The crashing looked like neck breakers.

The fish were nonexistent. I ended up catching a mullet today.

Friday night the sand would light up with some sort of bio illumination when it was disturbed.
    East of TI from the shore for the past two evenings, with wind, have been a MOFO for me fishing. I cought a few white perch Sat and today.
    My Uncle cleaned up with a 30" rock plus Friday.

Luck!

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    East of TI from the shore for the past two evenings, with wind, have been a MOFO for me fishing. I cought a few white perch Sat and today.
    My Uncle cleaned up with a 30" rock plus Friday.

Luck!
    Oh man that's awesome!

I will also add to my report. If I ever get pizza at the beach, it's going to be Pizza Tugos. Amazing.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    My father on a peacock bass fishing trip in Miami yesterday.
    IMG_2518.jpeg

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    We're down in NC for the weekend looking at a couple lots for sale. Staying at a air b&b on Hyco lake. Kids caught a bunch of little largemouth off Heddon torpedoes from the dock this evening.

Attachments

• IMG_1163.jpg
      IMG_1163.jpg
      114.9 KB · Views: 50

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    We went out on Upper potomac today to catch bait for a trip this weekend. After loading the livewell with big bluegills we managed to catch a couple smallmouth. Water is insanely clear and the weather was amazing.

Attachments

• 20231025_113550_copy_600x800.jpg
      20231025_113550_copy_600x800.jpg
      155 KB · Views: 56
    • 20231025_121349.jpg
      20231025_121349.jpg
      142.9 KB · Views: 57

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    Just got back from 2 days at Deep Creek Lake. The fishing was tough but we managed to catch some nice ones. Water temp is low 50's. We caught walleye, bass, pike, and perch. Lost a big walleye at the boat trying to get him in the net. And lost a big something that was pulling drag but never saw it. The yellow in the picture is 14" and the northern I never measured.
    imagejpeg_0.jpg
    imagejpeg_0 2.jpg

89P13

May 10, 2023
    The Island
    Gonna visit my old service buddy this winter. We’re gonna go ice fishing in a shanty. Haven’t been in 25 years. We went out too late in the season once and damn near went through the ice. Hot-tottis!

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    Gonna visit my old service buddy this winter. We’re gonna go ice fishing in a shanty. Haven’t been in 25 years. We went out too late in the season once and damn near went through the ice. Hot-tottis!
    I have never tried ice fishing. I hear Deep Creek Lake is pretty good provided the ice is thick enough. I am not much for cold weather anymore but maybe I will give it a try.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    I have never tried ice fishing. I hear Deep Creek Lake is pretty good provided the ice is thick enough. I am not much for cold weather anymore but maybe I will give it a try.
    I tried it years ago, with some friends that had moved down from northern PA. They were fanatics and did it all the time up there, but here in central MD, it seldom gets cold enough long enough for good ice. We went out on clear ice that crackled under our feet and you could hear the crack run across the pond with every step. They said "It's fun, you'll like it", but I didn't.

89P13

May 10, 2023
    The Island
    It definitely takes patience. We had a mini heater so it wasn’t too bad and a snow mobile to pass the time between fishing/cooking. It was fun because I’ve never been above Connecticut when I was younger and the weather is wayyyy different in northern Maine. It’s a beautiful cold. Life’s just different too. Lived there for 4 years and loved it. Gonna retire there in a few years.

lax

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Baldwin
    The kids had a half day at school a few weeks ago so I snuck out of work. Started off slow ending in a flurry with the changing of the tides.

Attachments

• IMG_1497.jpeg
      IMG_1497.jpeg
      298 KB · Views: 55
    • IMG_1493.jpeg
      IMG_1493.jpeg
      343 KB · Views: 51
    • IMG_1499.jpeg
      IMG_1499.jpeg
      216.5 KB · Views: 56

Wsanner

Sep 19, 2012
    Found us few snakes the other nite...

Attachments

• received_3569627989917926.jpeg
      received_3569627989917926.jpeg
      808.6 KB · Views: 75

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    We went out on Upper potomac today to catch bait for a trip this weekend. After loading the livewell with big bluegills we managed to catch a couple smallmouth. Water is insanely clear and the weather was amazing.
    Did you run the trolling motor the whole time? I tried going out a few weeks ago and the water was too low and weeds too tall to run any kind of outboard.

Found us few snakes the other nite...
    WOW! Congrats. Bowfishing?

Wsanner

Sep 19, 2012
    82 total. yes, bowfishing. 2 shooters around 3.5 hours. yet we still had 25 or so get away.

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    Did you run the trolling motor the whole time? I tried going out a few weeks ago and the water was too low and weeds too tall to run any kind of outboard.

WOW! Congrats. Bowfishing?
    Negative when it's low like this I go above the dams. Dam4 & 5 will both still give you miles of water to fish and this time of year the pleasure boaters are gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scooby225

Latest threads

Top Bottom