• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bbgunn177

Jun 30, 2008
    I have been pondering additional effective ways to get our message across when we go to Annapolis on March 1st.

The last hearing on February 6th brought out between 3,000 to 4,000 plus voters to get our message out. The sheer numbers may have given them pause but they have not been deterred as witnessed by the most recent Closed Door Meetings. I think we need to let them know we still have the power at election time. I don’t think there is a Delegate or a Senator regardless of party who doesn’t want to be reelected in 2014 and for that………..

I propose that we use Former Speaker of the House Casper R. Taylor, Jr.’s name and former position to our advantage. For those who don’t remember Casper Taylor (D) was in the House of Delegates from 1975 to 2003. He was speaker of the House from 1994 to 2003. He lost his election in 2002 when he pushed and voted for the shell casing law although some attribute his loss to redrawn districts (let them continue to think that). It was a wake up call then that needs to be reinforced again.

We can get ordinary White Shipping Labels and print on them any of the following statements or any other witty ones you can come up with.

Where’s Casper

Who’s the Next Casper

Casper ________________________
    Your Favorite Anti Legislators
    Name Here

Who want to be Caspered

Spay and Casper your Delegate

Spay and Casper your Senator

If life gives you Casper Vote Pro 2A

Casper Happens!

If Casper Had Balls He’d Be My Speaker

A Casper Needs to Know His Limitations

Never Let a Casper Go to Waste

If you don’t think the stickers are a good idea then we could bring empty milk cartons with Casper’s name and likeness on it stating have you seen me.

I know that we all come from a diverse background but the Second Amendment is the tie that binds us together, whether we are Democrats, Republicans, Libertarians, Tea Party Conservatives, Pro Gun Liberals, etc. We even have Republican switching parties to vote in Democratic Primaries.

We need to let our elected officials know we will not be silenced in Public Committee Hearings, Closed Door Sessions or the Voting Booth.

Former Speaker of the House Casper R. Taylor Jr. is the result when elected officials don’t listen. Will we vote them all out? NO! But we may vote out enough to make some of them take notice.

Let’s Double Our Efforts and Double Our Numbers. See you on March 1st.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I have been pondering additional effective ways to get our message across when we go to Annapolis on March 1st.

The last hearing on February 6th brought out between 3,000 to 4,000 plus voters to get our message out. The sheer numbers may have given them pause but they have not been deterred as witnessed by the most recent Closed Door Meetings. I think we need to let them know we still have the power at election time. I don’t think there is a Delegate or a Senator regardless of party who doesn’t want to be reelected in 2014 and for that………..

I propose that we use Former Speaker of the House Casper R. Taylor, Jr.’s name and former position to our advantage. For those who don’t remember Casper Taylor (D) was in the House of Delegates from 1975 to 2003. He was speaker of the House from 1994 to 2003. He lost his election in 2002 when he pushed and voted for the shell casing law although some attribute his loss to redrawn districts (let them continue to think that). It was a wake up call then that needs to be reinforced again.

We can get ordinary White Shipping Labels and print on them any of the following statements or any other witty ones you can come up with.

Where’s Casper

Who’s the Next Casper

Casper ________________________
    Your Favorite Anti Legislators
    Name Here

Who want to be Caspered

Spay and Casper your Delegate

Spay and Casper your Senator

If life gives you Casper Vote Pro 2A

Casper Happens!

If Casper Had Balls He’d Be My Speaker

A Casper Needs to Know His Limitations

Never Let a Casper Go to Waste

If you don’t think the stickers are a good idea then we could bring empty milk cartons with Casper’s name and likeness on it stating have you seen me.

I know that we all come from a diverse background but the Second Amendment is the tie that binds us together, whether we are Democrats, Republicans, Libertarians, Tea Party Conservatives, Pro Gun Liberals, etc. We even have Republican switching parties to vote in Democratic Primaries.

We need to let our elected officials know we will not be silenced in Public Committee Hearings, Closed Door Sessions or the Voting Booth.

Former Speaker of the House Casper R. Taylor Jr. is the result when elected officials don’t listen. Will we vote them all out? NO! But we may vote out enough to make some of them take notice.

Let’s Double Our Efforts and Double Our Numbers. See you on March 1st.

New here so thanks for the history lesson.

I like the idea , it may be to confrontational for some and to subtle for others.

But I do like it.

I think if we do it it should be fewer variants and I would but a joke spin on it to make it more satirical.

When I was a kid there was a carton called Casper the ghost.
    I say use that.

Casper the ghost; the spirit of past gun bills."

Something like that.

Of course its your baby so ignore at will.

Less direct threat. It can be more effective that way.

And if they do not get the name the gun control reference may help.

Updated
    Better
    Under picture id photo

" Casper is now a ghost; the specter of gun bills past. "

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    MANY attribute his loss to redistricting and the fact that his opponent was well known in Washington County where the majority of voters were. Cas was king in Allegany Co. But had little following in Washington Co. I don't recall the shell casing issue even being on the radar during his last campaign.

That said, I think we shouldn't give these lawmakers an argument on stickers referencing Cas Taylor that may be a bit obscure.

How about we work on statements that show the lawmakers that they follow O'malley at their own political peril. O'malley will be a political memory in MD in a couple of years but Maryland voters will not forget what has been done to them if this stuff passes. Sort of a "follow the leader at your own political defeat" message.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom