• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    Hello all,

Why are the Romeo 7s Green and Red dot optics so cheap? They are both less than $100? The only complaint I have read about is that they have some shadowing at the highest setting.

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    Reducing costs by manufacturing them in China

Just because something is made in China doesn't make it crap. Almost all cellular phones are manufactured in China.

From reading the reviews they seem to be great value for $100.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    About to discontinue them? Or does Sig need to crush a competitor and willing to take a loss briefly to do it?
    Everyone is scrambling to try and get a piece of the (budget) red dot market. IMO Holosun has become the leader in that arena.

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    Everyone is scrambling to try and get a piece of the (budget) red dot market. IMO Holosun has become the leader in that arena.
    I agree, and I well remember when I first saw them at gun shows a few years back (gosh, how long have they been on the US market, 8-10 years now?)
    I wonder how far away the Sig Optic and Holosun production lines are?

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Just because something is made in China doesn't make it crap. Almost all cellular phones are manufactured in China.

From reading the reviews they seem to be great value for $100.
    I think there was a time when being made in China attached a deserved stigma that it would be cheap and low quality. I think things have leveled out a lot in the last few decades. This isn't to say that there isn't still garbage that comes out of there, but there's also plenty of solid product that comes from there as well.

If we stepped back and really looked at the things around us made in China or some other East Asian country, many people would be shocked.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    I think there was a time when being made in China attached a deserved stigma that it would be cheap and low quality. I think things have leveled out a lot in the last few decades. This isn't to say that there isn't still garbage that comes out of there, but there's also plenty of solid product that comes from there as well.

If we stepped back and really looked at the things around us made in China or some other East Asian country, many people would be shocked.
    Right? Not unlike those crappy Japanese econo boxes that made it to our shores in the 70s (80s?). They've come a long way baby...

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    An Army Vet told me that when he was in Japan back in 1965, he saw a bucket full of Japanese watches in the airport shop. It was selling like commodity because it was not good enough. Now, Japanese watches are excellent. It takes time for Asian countries to catch up with quality in manufacturing.

Last edited:

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau

Well that’s a relief, I certainly am pleased that our buying public’s discerning tastes have helped our mortal enemy improve their quality and QC efforts, especially on their items with a direct military application…
    Disclaimer: I have also helped fund the CCPs efforts, I have a Holosun, several Sig optics and am typing this on an iPhone… …

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom