Why does the NRA have to insult our intelligence?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cowboy321

Apr 21, 2009
    Ha.. NRA does thee mailings to get you to engage by taking surveys, etc. The mote you are engaged the more donations you send. Plus Planned Giving.. Ie leave us money and valuable guns when you die.. Nice group that does good stuff for safe gun owners, etc, but a self sustaining Money Pit.. IMHO

drwalther

MSI Executive Member
    Jun 18, 2010
    Berlin
    If it didn't work, neither would waste their money.

A long time ago, I used the tactic referenced above, called and now they don't waste that money on me. I do the same with most organizations about whose missions or candidates I care.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    He's just trying to get his post count up. Now, lets go see how many other lame posts........:innocent0

I dunno, joined in Jan, posted in March, Sept. and then now. Doesn't fit the profile.

Maybe one of SOMDSHOOTER's sleeper accounts if anything untoward...

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Don't crap on them too bad, guys. Think of where we'd be without them. The real solution to eliminating the junk mail is to DONATE a token sum at least once a year. I used to get inundated, but don't anymore. We need their help more than ever.

Lew--Ranger63 & Good Guy 176
    Unsafe, MD 06969
    NRA Life Member

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    The real solution is to donate a lot and quit acting like some junk mail is an affront to you as if you are a member of some protected victim class parsing every breath for hate speech. Without the NRA we would have lost our rights 50 years ago.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    Repetition and maintaining continued presence in the "consumer's" mind is classic marketing technique. They are trying to both have a constant awareness of 2A issues among those who are aligned with them as well as "sell" donations to their org. One has to ask five times for a sale before the customer commits. We repeatedly see the same commercial on TV in a short time frame for the same reason. It is the same reason to contact elected reps constantly, despite not opposing specific legislation at the present moment.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    As already stated: Call the 800 number. Ask to be put on the DO NOT SOLICIT list. Within a few weeks, you'll never receive anything else.

It's important to look at it from the other point of view. If the NRA is not loud, out in front, and looking for attention, then the unwashed masses will never take notice and will blissfully toss away their God-given fundamental rights in the name of false "safety".

plinkerton

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon
    There are three NRA members in my house, all with different last names. When one of us donates a little we ALL get mail bombed. Our donation amount is not going to change based on how much mail we get.
    I'm not going to bitch about the mail, I'm going to call the 800 number and get all three of us off the mail bomb list so the money goes to the cause, not the USPS.

Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    I dunno, joined in Jan, posted in March, Sept. and then now. Doesn't fit the profile.

Maybe one of SOMDSHOOTER's sleeper accounts if anything untoward...

I think I need to do my research before opening my mouth. My apologies. I'm wrong here.

tourrider

Grumpy
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 9, 2009
    Corry, PA
    Really guys? You give junk mail a little too much power to let it upset you like that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom