Why should you learn how to shoot while inside your vehicle?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Also most people don't roll around with Surefires in. Or class III suppress it's on their pistols.
    Makes it a mite hard to conceal.
    While I understand safety/liability.
    It would be much more realistic.
    Or give people the choice as it's quite a shock to fire a gun from inside a car with no ear pro.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Off hand practice is a necessity. We teach concepts about securing the gun elsewhere (other than your holster) in the vehicle while driving. Makes access easier.

Question about this, if you dont mind:

When I carry in PA, on my UT permit, it's IWB at about 5 o'clock. If I were to get robbed or car jacked it would appear I would be going for my wallet or undo seatbelt giving me a head start on the draw.

Is there a better strategy for this?

StanW

Hooligan #8
    Dec 18, 2012
    Western MD
    On the other hand, in a Jeep without doors on it's a whole different ballgame, I know this from experience and living near Patterson Pk. for 5 years. The guy who tried it with me is probably in a wheelchair if he hasn't overdosed by now, I sleep just fine at night all the same, @#%& him!

Do tell! I drive topless/doorless most of the year. I always keep attention at stops, leave plenty of room to move, any other suggestions?

ProShooter

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2008
    Richmond, Va
    Question about this, if you dont mind:

When I carry in PA, on my UT permit, it's IWB at about 5 o'clock. If I were to get robbed or car jacked it would appear I would be going for my wallet or undo seatbelt giving me a head start on the draw.

Is there a better strategy for this?

The answer really depends on if you are right or left handed, where you keep your wallet, and what the configuration of your car's interior looks like.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    When you get carjacked are you going to have your ear pro on?

You won't either if walking down the street getting mugged. Ear and eye damage are they only real life scenario you don't train for. Why should you risk that injury while training?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom