• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeCee

May 8, 2013
    There's no better way to tell Little Mikey to take his bucket to the beach and pound sand then for all of us to send $10 to the NRA.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    From the article:
    "It’s a huge task made more difficult by the fact that Bloomberg is leading the charge. Which is to say that if Bloomberg wants this to stand as a success—and not just as a vanity project—then he should give his money, donate his time, and stay behind the scenes."

It should simply read:
    "It's a huge task made more difficult by that pesky thing called the Bill of Rights and the Second Amendment."

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I don't think I'd go as far as the article did, but every good guy needs a bad guy to fight.

Jim Smith

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    Between the "rock star" comment, and his belief that he's bought his way into heaven, I'm actually starting to feel sorry for the fella. He's supremely delusional. The painful irony is that the absolute best thing he could do for the gun control movement is to abandon the cause.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    B. H. Obama: 2008-2014 Salesman of the year for Smith & Wesson, Ruger, Winchester, Daniels Defense.......
    Michael Bloomberg: NRA Membership drive winner of the year, 2013, 2014

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    We might all hate him but $50 million is nothing to laugh about. Money runs our government and the top dollar buys elections. Not to mention that 50 million is just the tip of the iceberg. Bloomberg could easily throw in an additional 100-200 million per year if he sees fit to do so.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan

Gun rights advocates fear background check legislation not because of background checks, but because of the guy who inevitably shows up and says "Why do you need an AR15 or a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds?" "Assault weapons" kill fewer people each year than ladders and cops, and handguns are responsible for 90% of gun crime, yet "common sense gun control" advocates go first and foremost after the scary black rifle. To gun rights advocates, this destroys the legitimacy of the pro universal background check effort.

Want universal background checks? You'll need moderate, left-of-center gun owners like me to support it. Pass a law mandating universal background checks that are both accessible and inexpensive, and also codify that I have a right to my rifle and whatever magazine size I want, including criminal penalties for any law enforcement officer that confiscates my rifle without a warrant, and I'll call my Congressman to support it. Seek to push it further than that, people like me will fight it tooth and nail, and the status quo will remain. That's about as honestly as I can put it.

There really is NO horse trading with the left wing progressives.
    But I'd like to see the criminal law enforcement people prosecuted for a change. Much like the BLM is criminally negligent for stealing/killing cattle.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    He wants to codify a Constitutional right. Let's codify his free speech -- in a free speech zone.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    We might all hate him but $50 million is nothing to laugh about. Money runs our government and the top dollar buys elections. Not to mention that 50 million is just the tip of the iceberg. Bloomberg could easily throw in an additional 100-200 million per year if he sees fit to do so.

He could drop 1 billion per year for 20 years and still have 7 billion

He will not.. know why?

1. It does not work.... its pushing on a string
    2. The only cause he cares about is Blomberg.
    3. He is an attention whore. 50 mil is all he needs to spend to get attention so that's what he does.

Now he fights his fight and we fight ours.. friends and neighbors..

Stop worring about Bloomy.... work the task in front of us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom