• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pstango

Sep 21, 2011
    Mary Esther, FL
    I'm an American and it's my duty to protect my home and country. I also hunt so I've owned guns since I was around 14-15 (first guns - 22 and 12 gauge pump). After I got married and became a father, and especially since we live on the edge of Baltimore City, I decided to buy my first handgun. Needless to say, I have added a number of guns to my collection since and will continue to do so until I die.

Muggs

Nov 21, 2010
    Cumberland
    I didn't get a gun until 3 years ago. Mainly because I didn't have one and most of my family (except my immediate family) and friends had them.

It was a Henry 17 HMR. It was about a month before I got to shoot it. It broke on the 8th shot. It got sent back.

Since I wasn't going to have a gun for a few weeks, I bought a Mosin.

Since then, I've got at least 10 more guns. Four handguns last year. A couple shotguns and a 22 just last week.

I need to reconfigure the gun safe now.

ptman2000

Aug 19, 2013
    Riva, MD
    My father got me into shooting a couple of years ago. Since then I've never looked back and really enjoy shooting and become more active in national 2A legislation.

psusra112

Jun 8, 2011
    lol
    I stupidly accepted a friend's invitation to go shoot some steel. It's like heroin, very addictive and leads to friends that multiply in your safe.

54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    I've been shooting since I was 12 years old, so you want to ask why I wanted to get a gun? It is like taking a walk in the park or riding a bike.

54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    I'm an American and it's my duty to protect my home and country. I also hunt so I've owned guns since I was around 14-15 (first guns - 22 and 12 gauge pump). After I got married and became a father, and especially since we live on the edge of Baltimore City, I decided to buy my first handgun. Needless to say, I have added a number of guns to my collection since and will continue to do so until I die.

So did you enlist in the Army or join the Marine Corps? How are you going to protect your country?

Pstango

Sep 21, 2011
    Mary Esther, FL
    So did you enlist in the Army or join the Marine Corps? How are you going to protect your country?

Are you serious? First, we have more services than just the Army or Marines. Second, is serving and protecting limited to our armed services? No, this army brat didn't join, but my father wanted me to finish college unlike every other male in my family who joined and fought for this country. So f&$k you very much. Even a new citizen understands they are required to defend this country if asked to take up arms.... Of all our services, I picked the Marines, but after talking with a recruiter, taking some of their tests and speaking to my parents (dad was pretty pissed) I didn't pull the trigger; which I kind of regret.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    I always believed that it is my responsibility to protect myself. So I learned to boxing and self defense. I learned knife and stick fighting and I wanted to learn to defend myself with gun. To do any of these things you need to find the best people to train you. Just acquiring a gun is not enough. Like play golf you need to practice. I shoot two to three times a week and I still know that there is a lot of room for improvement. One survey should be how often to you practice

Last edited:

JCarlton81

Oct 13, 2012
    Severn
    I bought my first gun because I shot skeet as a kid, so when I was old enough I bought my own gun. My first pistol was a gift from my old man when I commissioned into the Infantry.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Originally 50% home defense, 50% to be counted. Now "for the fun of punching holes in paper" is in the mix.

It's amazing how something like target shooting is just plain fun.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    I realized that my response was why I acquire them now. That was the case in the beginning. I come from farming and military stock. I learned to shoot with my dad and grandfathers. My first guns starting at just under 10 were from them. My experiences were hunting with them and firearms were just a part of our rural life. We ate the meat. So when I became legal to buy I already knew what I was going to buy. It was a marlin lever action 35cal for hunting in the woods followed by a 38 cal colt handgun. I got them just after I bought my first legal firewater.

Cyra

Mrs. Glaron
    Feb 4, 2014
    Maryland legislators plain and simple.

I grew up in a non-firearm household. But I have always respected the right to bear arms and strong family traditions such as hunting and folks who like to compete in sport shooting.

Gun control laws never made sense to me, especially when the folks who are involved in mass shooting lately obviously are mentally ill. This to me is politicians trying to gain brownie points without doing a good cause analysis and tackle the issue of mental illness.

And you won't see many of them even try that. Mental illness/health is a tough social issue and therefore too much work.

When I became aware of the pending gun laws that were passed, I ran out and brought my very first gun before October 1, 2013.

Well after I had this gun, then I had to learn how to handle it safely, shoot it, clean it, and store it. And thankfully I also have my husband who grew up with guns in his household as a child to help me.

And I now I love my shiny Sig Sauer P238 tribal edition gun. I can't wait for the next Chapter Shoot with the Well Armed Women of Central Maryland =)

Last edited:

HailSkins

Aug 13, 2009
    Hebron
    for every firearm I buy, a bleeding heart liberal gets their wings ( and hopefully flies their sorry a$$ to another state)

tjr623

Apr 16, 2013
    I got into shooting a few years ago. Had to use friends guns because I didn't have the money to buy my own. Thank to sb281 I found some money and started my collection! I now am up to 8!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom