• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DennisCA

I've been looking at them too - however their returns policy bothers me:
    RETURNS: No returns without prior authorization. 25% restocking fee if your order return is authorized. Damaged packages should be reported to the carrier who is responsible for the damage. Freight for the returned goods must be paid for by the buyer; we do not send out call tags.
    Here's a general link:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schmidt-Rubin
    I'm no expert but from what I've read, their pretty darn accurate and the is (fairly) reasonable. Also it's a straight pull action, some people don't like that - some do.

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    check out simpsons.

http://www.simpsonltd.com/specials.php

they are pricey on most things but right now they have a ton of swiss rifles in stock and are running a good deal on all the models

$295 + shipping for the 1911 long rifles and the 96/11's

what wideners is selling is the k11 carbine, simpsons has those as 20% off.

they have them individually listed ranging from $350-$500, at 20% off thats $280-$400.

so they range from $50 less to $70 more than wideners, but the key is you can pick your rifle from the list with an individual description and pictures, no surprises.

imo id buy from simpsons and even pay a tad more to make sure i get the nicest rifle im willing to pay for.

as for the rifles themselves, they are awesome, swiss rifles are top knotch, the action is really cool, and the older swiss rifles have a beautiful older style craftmanship to them that i love.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    I'm going to like seeing the comments as well. Swiss rifles aren't in my scope of collections, but they do look nice and are sure interesting.

• I WILL NOT buy a Japanese rifle
    • I WILL NOT buy a an Enfield (maybe)
    • Now ... I WILL NOT buy a Swiss rifle.

ea689c

Mar 26, 2012
    Sterling, VA
    Simpson's just made it harder to purchase the K11 with all the choices, pictures and detailed descriptions! What to do...what to do...

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    check out simpsons.

http://www.simpsonltd.com/specials.php

they are pricey on most things but right now they have a ton of swiss rifles in stock and are running a good deal on all the models

$295 + shipping for the 1911 long rifles and the 96/11's

what wideners is selling is the k11 carbine, simpsons has those as 20% off.

they have them individually listed ranging from $350-$500, at 20% off thats $280-$400.

so they range from $50 less to $70 more than wideners, but the key is you can pick your rifle from the list with an individual description and pictures, no surprises.

imo id buy from simpsons and even pay a tad more to make sure i get the nicest rifle im willing to pay for.

as for the rifles themselves, they are awesome, swiss rifles are top knotch, the action is really cool, and the older swiss rifles have a beautiful older style craftmanship to them that i love.

I'm in total agreement. Probably the best deals around on the last batch of Swiss long arms to be imported. When these are gone you'll only find 'em on the secondary market at elevated prices.
    If you're a fan of the K31 then you must have a K11 and a M1911.

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    I'm in total agreement. Probably the best deals around on the last batch of Swiss long arms to be imported. When these are gone you'll only find 'em on the secondary market at elevated prices.
    If you're a fan of the K31 then you must have a K11 and a M1911.

ive actually been agonizing over getting one of the 1889's, ive got a thing for the older odd long rifles they just have a great look.

but i have a bunch of other stuff on the list too, and then now the whole SB281 thing has me wanting a few evil modern things before october.

argh its all so overwhelming, im just one man, with one wallet.

EDIT:come to think of it, the 1889 has a 12 round magazine, under our stupid shit new law, you would have to get your 1889 shipped without the matching magazine thats been with it for 120 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom