• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    Wife got mad as I suppose to be downsizing my collection and we need the funds but I love "deals" :innocent0

So when they offered $100 off special, I said.. Meh... How bad could they be?

Ordered up a VKT for less than M91/30's are going for now. I was just totally blown away with what I got. Its a 1941 VKT with near perfect blue. Just a tad loss on the bottom of the trigger guard. Wood is solid and zero rust and as a bonus the Finnish arsenal hang tag was attached!!!

The stock has got beautiful colors and when I opened it up, I was stunned as it is built on a 1898 Tula receiver.

Attachments

• IMG_2665.JPG
      IMG_2665.JPG
      42.7 KB · Views: 973
    • IMG_2666.JPG
      IMG_2666.JPG
      43 KB · Views: 970
    • IMG_2667.JPG
      IMG_2667.JPG
      45.3 KB · Views: 951
    • IMG_2668.JPG
      IMG_2668.JPG
      34.2 KB · Views: 964

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    An antique, holy crap. Those always sold fast as hell and at high prices when Pat Burns was selling them. Also has the imperial crest or whatever it's called. Why was it sold discounted? Did they potentially send one of the hand picks instead of a scratch and dent? I can't believe they didn't check the receiver to see if was antique or not.

ETA: I went to order one but they be sold out of the $100 off ones :-(

If you want to sell that, LMK, I have always wanted an antique M39

Last edited:

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Your firearms collection is one of your best assets. A few years ago in 2011 I began to trim mine and when my wife realized that I was making a small profit she thought that perhaps I should slow the pace and allow them to appreciate more.

She's not said a word since, and I've bought and sold with abandon.

Today, I am shipping a Correct grade Springfield Armory M1 Garand to a former Marine in TN. That rifle, for example, left CMP at about $750 in 2005 and just got sold for $1,400. I am not, however, the original owner; I bought it in 2014 for $1,250. This Garand is as new.

Lew--Ranger63

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    Not sure how it fell in with that discounted batch. But I am super excited..

I will not be selling this one, but I do have another M39 I will be letting go as this will take its spot in my safe.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    That's a winner. You definitely hit the lottery with this one.
    Every once in a while a distributor makes a mistake and lets a gem get sold as if it were coal. I remember a Frederick show in the 90s where Northeast Guns had M91s piled on a table like firewood. Saw the distinctive pistol grip of a couple of M39s peeking out of the pile. Sadly the first one, a Sako, had a badly broken stock. But the other, a VKT, went home with me for two twenty dollar bills. Probably the best bargain I ever got. And its still in my collection. My fav M39 for range duty.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    One time I got a really nice M39 from Pat Burns, no nice I didn't want to shoot it. So when SOG had some for three fiddy I rolled the dice for a shooter. I got one that was better than the one from Pat Burns, LOL. It was close to being an antique- 1899- but no cigar. It did have a brown barrel, imperial crest and hang tag which was cool.

marko12

Sep 28, 2009
    Maryland, on the Chesapeake Bay
    IMG_2667.JPG

IMG_2665.JPG

IMG_2668.JPG

I love to see pictures of member's guns especially C&R and I know lighting can be a problem so I don't mind lighting the pictures up. Last time I did this I got everything wrong, this time everything looks right.

Buy her some flowers and make her dinner, do something out of the ordinary and make her feel special. That's exactly how I got divorced twice.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    View attachment 176332

View attachment 176331

View attachment 176333

I love to see pictures of member's guns especially C&R and I know lighting can be a problem so I don't mind lighting the pictures up. Last time I did this I got everything wrong, this time everything looks right.

Buy her some flowers and make her dinner, do something out of the ordinary and make her feel special. That's exactly how I got divorced twice.

My eyes prefer the original "dark" pics. #darkpicsmatter :lol2:

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    So I was going to sell a Remington M39 as I got this one to fill the gap, but I think I will keep that and make it a shooter and leave this one untouched in cosmoline.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    So I was going to sell a Remington M39 as I got this one to fill the gap, but I think I will keep that and make it a shooter and leave this one untouched in cosmoline.

Well, that should pretty much guarantee that you'll be getting a M1 Carbine DBU early next week. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom