Will SB281 be the end of AK build parties in MD?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ragnar

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2013
    Berkeley Springs, WV
    I'm pretty sure that after Oct. 1 you'll only be able to build guns based on 100% receivers that you owned before Oct. 1. You won't be able to finish a receiver from an 80% flat.

That said, I thought there might be a loophole for building out of state, but I reread SB281 and it explicitly prohibits transporting a banned gun into Maryland after Oct. 1 unless you legally owned it before Oct. 1. So I think building out of state and bringing the gun home is out too.

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    I've got a dozen or so (it's really bad when you stopped counting them) receivers bent that I can build on. I know for a fact that I'm not the only one who did that either, because about five people did the same thing at my house during my build party.

I think the fact that it's cold out is slowing down the build parties. I expect them to pick back up when it gets warmer -- November to April I rarely build anything.

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    I've got a dozen or so (it's really bad when you stopped counting them) receivers bent that I can build on. I know for a fact that I'm not the only one who did that either, because about five people did the same thing at my house during my build party.

I think the fact that it's cold out is slowing down the build parties. I expect them to pick back up when it gets warmer -- November to April I rarely build anything.
    I am one of those people. I dropped $300 on various AKBuilder flats and folded them up before October 1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom