• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ImperatorZices

Imperator
    Jan 22, 2009
    Hey all.

My dad owns a Winchester 94 (1966, 30-30 Win, top eject) that has several issues.

First, the loading gate is cracked and it's impossible to load the magazine without leaving part of the preceding cartridge sticking out of the port.

Second, the furniture could really use a refinish, and the bluing is not ideal. I tried Birchwood Casey's cold blue solution, but the job could definitely be improved upon.

Is there a gunsmith in the MoCo area who'd be willing to take a stab at it? I'm currently in Texas, but I can work out a way to provide funding to get the project done. It's his only firearm, and his birthday's coming up in a couple days.

Thanks!

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    For this I would recommend Scott's in Glen Burnie. He cleaned up an antique Marlin and did a fantastic job.

But he is in Glen Burnie and, because he's good, the wait time will likely be in months.

ImperatorZices

Imperator
    Jan 22, 2009
    For this I would recommend Scott's in Glen Burnie. He cleaned up an antique Marlin and did a fantastic job.

But he is in Glen Burnie and, because he's good, the wait time will likely be in months.

Thanks for the recommendation! I'll contact him and see what the options are.

I think it'll be alright if it takes a while, as my dad rarely gets time to go shooting these days. I just want to be able to let him know that something is in the works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom