• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • S.M.I.B

May 21, 2013
    Calvert County
    My buddy is looking to sell a Winchester Model 1902. I have no idea what these typically go for and internet pricing is all over the place. I am not well versed in C&R guns but I told him I would see what info I can find. Everything seems to function properly on it. The stock is beat up but no cracks that I could see. Any help with it would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 20210213_144245.jpg
      20210213_144245.jpg
      49.1 KB · Views: 133
    • 20210213_144231.jpg
      20210213_144231.jpg
      57.3 KB · Views: 134

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    My buddy is looking to sell a Winchester Model 1902. I have no idea what these typically go for and internet pricing is all over the place. I am not well versed in C&R guns but I told him I would see what info I can find. Everything seems to function properly on it. The stock is beat up but no cracks that I could see. Any help with it would be greatly appreciated.

How is the bore?

If it's good, I'd say that anywhere from $200-$275 is probably a reasonable price in today's market with the $275 being at the very upper limit as an "I must have one of these" buyer's price. $250 is likely the max you'll see for a reasonably quick sale. Simpson has one listed way high at $800, but It's likely some rare year of manufacture or variant which is having the consigner look for that high of a price.

If the bore is heavily pitted or trashed, take $100 off the numbers above.

I know I saw a bare-bones Remington Model 33 in "okay-ish" condition go for $200+ at Redding about a month ago and those used to be $100 all day long at gun shows and pawn shops until recently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom