• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    So last night I set up a meet with a friend of an acquaintance for what was described as a 'CN ROMARM AK' for only $600 bucks.

So I meet with the guy today and he tell's me " you know I think handguns are fine and all, but.....I mean I got this gun back around the start of the war with a friend but I just don't know about them anymore.....so I want to get rid of it and the hi capacity magazine"

WTF seriously? The Gentlemen was a nice guy, gave me a smokin' deal on what turned out to be a new in box SAR-1 :D (irony here, not an 'assault weapon' under the last ban) but if there are enough gun owners like him out there maybe I need to re-evaluate the panic buyers......

Anyone else run into people on 'our' side like this? God I hope this is an anomaly

ridethemessiah

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2012
    Cecil County
    A friend of mine had many firearms, c&r and modern. He's boxing them all up until he figures out what to do with them. He got like that after sandy hook

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Let me put this out there... if anybody is looking to rid their home of a Ruger 10/22 assault rifle, in good condition, I will give them $100 for it.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I had lunch with a gentleman recently who is very pro-gun. Some time ago, he showed me his collection, which included a Colt HBAR, an M1A, 2 Chinese AKs (one fixed stock, one underfolder), several other rifles, some nice shotguns, including a Benelli, several nice handguns, including a Kimber...

He doesn't shoot them. Just likes to look at them. Nothing wrong with that: he collects Safe Queens to pass on to future generations. He is a Life Member of the NRA, and he is definitely a good guy. He is firm on opposing any bans or anti-gun legislation.

But as we're talking, he casually mentions in passing, "I just don't see the need for any military type guns..."

The disconnect just floored me.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    No worst then the Fudds...Give me a nice shotgun for trap and collect the rest to turn into soda cans.

I'm thinking in 1-3 years theres going to be a lot of cheap AR out there people just wanting to get rid of them after overpaying during a "crisis".

cowboy321

Apr 21, 2009
    I had lunch with a gentleman recently who is very pro-gun. Some time ago, he showed me his collection, which included a Colt HBAR, an M1A, 2 Chinese AKs (one fixed stock, one underfolder), several other rifles, some nice shotguns, including a Benelli, several nice handguns, including a Kimber...

He doesn't shoot them. Just likes to look at them. Nothing wrong with that: he collects Safe Queens to pass on to future generations. He is a Life Member of the NRA, and he is definitely a good guy. He is firm on opposing any bans or anti-gun legislation.

But as we're talking, he casually mentions in passing, "I just don't see the need for any military type guns..."

Odd, but strange. How this will all play out we shall see. A couple more psychos killing kids and firemen with AR 15s though, could get an AWB moving quickly... Well...nothing moves really quickly on the Hill....

sheat36

May 24, 2012
    Westminster, MD
    People being wishy washy is going to be our downfall. Apathetic gun owners are just going to look the other way when the man sticks his hand in our gun safes. They better figure out quickly that this IS worth fighting for!

Dogabutila

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2010
    We must keep them on our side, or win them back if they stray. We must not alienate potential allies.

Alternatively we don't need the wishy washies to shoot us in the back during the revolution? Better to take their guns and weed them out now!

:lol2:

Old Salty Dog

Ultimate Member
    Nov 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    No worst then the Fudds...Give me a nice shotgun for trap and collect the rest to turn into soda cans.

I'm thinking in 1-3 years theres going to be a lot of cheap AR out there people just wanting to get rid of them after overpaying during a "crisis".

That's only if we are very lucky. The way things are headed in DC, we won't be allowed to transfer any of them by then. We must make our voices heard in DC now. This will move very quickly starting tomorrow.

A very well written blog titled "A Feinstein New Year For You" by Massad Ayoob here:
    http://backwoodshome.com/blogs/MassadAyoob/

ric2152

Dec 16, 2012
    Harford Co.
    salty dog read what I read which you must keep the gun till you die then the feds get it so after we all die off of old age then there plan will be complete

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't one sell a Colt HBAR or any cash & carry weapon privately without paperwork and with the seller not having to prove it was sold and to who?

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    These guys are why we can't be over confident. I know several people that have always been hard line but now are starting to waver. I've heard "maybe we need to figure a compromise" or "is all of this worth it". As much as I would like to bump into a panic seller and score some good deals, it means another gun owner is going over to the other side. Don't think it can't happen. After all, there was no way Obama could be re-elected!

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay

Not every person who has nice shotguns and enjoys trap is a Fudd (whatever that really is).

Splitter

R.I.P.
    Jun 25, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    People being wishy washy is going to be our downfall. Apathetic gun owners are just going to look the other way when the man sticks his hand in our gun safes. They better figure out quickly that this IS worth fighting for!

That is part of their plan: divide and conquer.

Look...you guys are gun nuts lol. You are on this site, you shoot your guns, you care about 2A issues.

You are not like most gun owners. They are average people who don't do a whole lot of thinking beyond where to have lunch, how to make their mortgage payment, and deciding what to watch on the tube.

You are going to see a LOT of them being interviewed and quoted in the near future. They are GREAT examples for the antis: "See? This guy is a gun owner and even he doesn't see why people need x,y, and z."

Right out of the liberal playbook. Divide and conquer.

TALK TO THESE PEOPLE! They are a lot closer to our side than the antis that too many of us (including me) are arguing with right now. We mostly waste our breath on the antis. WE should be targeting the Fudds and wishy-washy gun owners for conversion...as frustrating as they may be.

Splitter

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom