With OnTarget starting to releasing after 7 days now who will be next?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    This whole issue is much more complicated than many are implying. The whole " do what we want or you are out of business" thing gets old fast.

Is is positively NOT as simple as a call to the ATF by your attorney. Quite frankly, our biggest concern is our insurance carrier. Guess what, lots of non members read this forum and take action based on what they read, including insurance carriers who say, get caught - by us- releasing without a ND and your policy is cancelled.

We were quite proud to be able to offer transfers without limitations, crazy surcharges or hassles, but between the angry callers demanding guns on the spot, threatening to smear our business unless we comply, threats from insurance carriers and the general huge headaches, we are considering just getting out of the transfer business. It is not a huge money maker, but rather more of a service for folks trying to legally get guns from out of state.

It is really a shame how something designed to help as many shooters as possible could turn into a liability, but in the end the antis win when folks turn on one-another.

Well Said. Thank YOU..:thumbsup:

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    The big problem I see is this... the wait in now 2 months. What will the FFLs do when it hits 6 months and then 12 months???

This line is not going to get shorter. It may dip here but in the run up to October, the guns are going to flood the state.

While I agree its the FFLs right to choose to release early or not... I also know that as I get ready to transfer a few more guns, I am very much thinking about how long I will have to wait to get these guns. I like the FFL I have recently switched to. However I like On Targets policy better and I have no complaint with them. If it makes months of difference... maybe its time to switch.

I also feel MD FFLs are missing a big chance right now. Its time to ban together. Get a few of the big ones together and call for an FFL council. Ban together and all agree to start releasing on the same day. Take out an ad in the newspaper and let everyone know that MSP is not following the law but the FFLs of MD will. Make a plea that MSP get these done in the 7 days. But put your foot down and stop being pushed around by MSP. I am not a Union guy but we need a Union of FFLs as in numbers there is protection.

Thats my 2 cents only being a C&R FFL...

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    as many have said, it's not the MSP that shops have to worry about. It's their insurance carriers.

I own a business. I have liability and E&O. My responsibility to them is to follow the law and thats it. As long as I can show I followed the law I am good.

My insurance company loves it when I also have waivers that assign risk to the person taking possession or participating in a service which holds me harmless.

The state cannot come back to the FFL for the FFL following the law.

This really is a case of chicken little.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    No, it's called do not lie.

Number 1. Do not say OnTarget is getting product to Consumers fast.

(the customer is always right, except in Maryland, the order in this State is : MOM is right first, Gansler, Frosh, MSP, EBT recipients and then FFLs. :D )

Number 2. OnTarget will wait until July X, 2013 when the Backlog is cleared to post up and say our store is getting Product faster to Consumers than the competition.

3. OnTarget, Go buy Advertisements on Radio and TV.

We are on the same team; I'm the first to say it.

We are on the same team.

Hence, don't BS me.

:D

Wow... You are SO much more right than I am........

How stupid of me to think that an individual business should be free from public pressure, and should be able to conduct their business as best suits them. Yes, they should all just release everything at once, regardless of their history with completely unknown first-time buyers... open the floodgates please, and let's rock!!!
    :sad20:

Me (Yesterday 07:24 PM): We're all in this together.
    You (several hours later): We are on the same team; I'm the first to say it.

BS... Riiiggghhht

OK, yeah... But at least you said "hence"...

I'll put my cred here up against pretty much anyone's. Feel free to start a poll, OK??? Welcome to ignore.

mdshooter9090

Jan 29, 2013
    Wow... You are SO much more right than I am........

How stupid of me to think that an individual business should be free from public pressure, and should be able to conduct their business as best suits them. Yes, they should all just release everything at once, regardless of their history with completely unknown first-time buyers... open the floodgates please, and let's rock!!!
    :sad20:

Me (Yesterday 07:24 PM): We're all in this together.
    You (several hours later): We are on the same team; I'm the first to say it.

BS... Riiiggghhht

OK, yeah... But at least you said "hence"...

I'll put my cred here up against pretty much anyone's. Feel free to start a poll, OK??? Welcome to ignore.

It's pretty simple.

"OnTarget starting to releasing after 7 days".

No they are not ...

Maybe in August or September.

You promote and they "Half-truth".

I don't, I win ...

Edit:

I'm so kind I edited my post.

I can explain, what angers me about them saying that they can get me product in 7 days is that if that was the case then I would buy a rifle.

I went into a store recently and handled some rifles but the fact that I can't have it in less than 65 days has me apathetic. It's a free country, I can choose to be apathetic and spend my energies Moving out of Maryland.

So I walk out of the store and didn't by the AK or the AR15 at $1,600.

If it was true that I could have product in 7 days then I'd put the money down - no problem.

And please don't try to de-ride me by saying I'm whining, no I'm quite happy planning my move out of Maryland.
    Times of change in family, work and residence are actually really exciting.

Billcw

Ultimate Member
    Oct 26, 2008
    Hanover,md
    It's pretty simple.

"OnTarget starting to releasing after 7 days".

No they are not ...

Maybe in August or September.

You promote and they "Half-truth".

I don't, I win ...

Edit:

I'm so kind I edited my post.

I can explain, what angers me about them saying that they can get me product in 7 days is that if that was the case then I would buy a rifle.

I went into a store recently and handled some rifles but the fact that I can't have it in less than 65 days has me apathetic. It's a free country, I can choose to be apathetic and spend my energies Moving out of Maryland.

So I walk out of the store and didn't by the AK or the AR15 at $1,600.

If it was true that I could have product in 7 days then I'd put the money down - no problem.

And please don't try to de-ride me by saying I'm whining, no I'm quite happy planning my move out of Maryland.
    Times of change in family, work and residence are actually really exciting.

you make no sense whats so ever ... you have missed alot of whats going on here as with some others ..

Billcw

Ultimate Member
    Oct 26, 2008
    Hanover,md
    For one we stay informed on here as much as we can so if that's living on a forum than fine...

You have no idea what you are talking about because if you haven't noticed the dealers have filed a lawsuit with MSI against the MSP.

If you want to join the bandwagon of making the dealers out to be bad people go ahead. Some of us have the common sense to put ourselves i their shoes especially with what's going on in in this state right now. Sometimes it is better to be safe then made a media spectacle and give the anti's more firepower for their cause if a firearm was released to someone who should not have them.

mdshooter9090

Jan 29, 2013
    For one we stay informed on here as much as we can so if that's living on a forum than fine...

You have no idea what you are talking about because if you haven't noticed the dealers have filed a lawsuit with MSI against the MSP.

If you want to join the bandwagon of making the dealers out to be bad people go ahead. Some of us have the common sense to put ourselves i their shoes especially with what's going on in in this state right now. Sometimes it is better to be safe then made a media spectacle and give the anti's more firepower for their cause if a firearm was released to someone who should not have them.

I know about the lawsuit.

My issue is with the false advertisement.

Thanks,

Hopefully all of you don't make a spectacle out of your inability to understand where my issue resides.

And I'll live on this forum correcting the record as long as I have too.

Don't falsely advertise, that's all.

Easy Peezy.

And we are on the same team.

Billcw

Ultimate Member
    Oct 26, 2008
    Hanover,md
    I know about the lawsuit.

My issue is with the false advertisement.

Thanks,

Hopefully all of you don't make a spectacle out of your inability to understand where my issue resides.

And I'll live on this forum correcting the record as long as I have too.

Don't falsely advertise, that's all.

Easy Peezy.

And we are on the same team.

Your issue ...

Correcting what record ..

And no buisness has falsely advertised .. On Target is not the one who came out and said they were releasing after 7 days .. that was done by a delegate who had no buisness to do so . Also if a Dealer wants to do it more than likely its going to be for people who have been waiting the longest not someone who just recently bought a firearm . Or someone they have had dealings with on a regular bases . Either way I am not going to bash them either way . And Yea I have had to wait as well .

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Lots of crap cut that shows someone hasn't spent $25,000 going to court to prove that a law says what a law says. (FWIW, I have.)

So we can interpret laws different than they are written? Im just not understanding how things are different than they are written. Im all ears though. I mean that seriously, im open to learn, not trying to be a smartass.

W McCollum

May 16, 2013
    Columbia, Maryland
    I had a conversation last week with MSP about my paperwork taking more than two months to process and received a call from the FFL in a couple of hours telling me it was just "not disapproved."

I'm waiting for approved collector status and had a separate conversation and e-mail exchange with MSP and received in writing a statement that they do not care about the 30 day period between regulated firearms purchases. You can check the block and indicate the date of your last purchase, but by the time they get around to processing it more than 30 days will have passed.

commiezapr

May 13, 2013
    Bethesda
    I had a conversation last week with MSP about my paperwork taking more than two months to process and received a call from the FFL in a couple of hours telling me it was just "not disapproved."

I'm waiting for approved collector status and had a separate conversation and e-mail exchange with MSP and received in writing a statement that they do not care about the 30 day period between regulated firearms purchases. You can check the block and indicate the date of your last purchase, but by the time they get around to processing it more than 30 days will have passed.

Is this true? Would the FFL even be willing to fax it if you checked yes for purchase within 30 days?

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County

Shooters Discount threw out the 30 day rule here recently. When a customer (non DC) comes in the shop to pick up their regulated purchase after the wait, then sees a reg'd gun they wanna' buy in the display cases, we do the papers right there 'cause I know once MSP gets around to processing the new paperwork, the 30 days will long be over.

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    Shooters Discount threw out the 30 day rule here recently. When a customer (non DC) comes in the shop to pick up their regulated purchase after the wait, then sees a reg'd gun they wanna' buy in the display cases, we do the papers right there 'cause I know once MSP gets around to processing the new paperwork, the 30 days will long be over.

More than my ffl did. They would not submit anything without a DC or the previous paperwork back. Oh, did I mention MSP had no record of them ever sending it to begin with?:mad54:

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    With regard to the 30 day limit, we were told just to send the forms for subsequent purchases in and MSP would sort it out.

As long as the buyer is honest about his last purchase date, MSP will hold the subsequent forms as long as the law requires, but as has been noted, the long waits have made that particular regulation moot in most cases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom