• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NattyBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2010
    Kinda weird that he got a lot of us in on making the trusts through him and the firm and now he's gone. Reason I used him was he was a member and any questions would be an easy Pm or email. With him gone and with no advice now, here is what I'm wondering. Just seen this thread :
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=170902

When buying a new nfa item, and say I do an e-file, I would just scan the trust that was accepted previously including the last declaration page ( pretty sure that what it's called ) It's the page that shows the nfa items the trust owns.

If I were to buy new nfa item, I add it to the last page, the declaration form... Right. And that new item gets added after its been approved?

The address on the trust was my old place of residence, I've now moved. Do I need to update the trust now, with the new address ?

I have one nfa item and it has the old address engraved on it, does that have to be changed to the new address?

Lastly: if I don't have to change the address on the trust and I were to buy a new nfa item, does it need the old original city (the old house address on the trust) engraved or the new place where I live.?

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Trust should have current address that should match your driver's license.

wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    pm me if you need one done. I don't do them but my partner does. He is based out of MI but he still should be able to take care of you

NattyBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2010
    Appreciate it. So now I really have to figure out if I have to re-engrave the nfa item or not. Kinda crazy as it seems sooner or later you'll run out of space on the item. Say if you were military and you move a lot.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Contact Britt Stouffer, she's an IP here and did mine. Great to work with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NattyBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2010
    Well looking around it seems that I do not need to re-engrave the nfa item. And the trust doesn't have an address on it. Just my mailing address was used for the paper work. I looked at my trust and there isn't an address listed on it., just a trust name.

So there isn't nothing I need to do then, AFAIK.

As a gesture you can submit a 5320.20 and let them know of your address change but you are not legally required to do so.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I think you need a valid address for the trust, not sure about the engraving portion though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Appreciate it. So now I really have to figure out if I have to re-engrave the nfa item or not. Kinda crazy as it seems sooner or later you'll run out of space on the item. Say if you were military and you move a lot.

If the manufacturer of any other firearm changes the location of their headquarters, do you have to go back and get all your firearms engraved anew ?

No.

The address on the item is where the manufacturer was located at the time the paperwork was done.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    As a gesture you can submit a 5320.20 and let them know of your address change but you are not legally required to do so.

As long as your move is in state, that's correct. If you move to a different state you are required to notify them. If you even transport your SBR, machinegun, SBS, or DD to another state you're required to file the 5320.20.

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    I have one nfa item and it has the old address engraved on it, does that have to be changed to the new address?

Why did you engrave it with an address? It only needs to be engraved with Trust name and city/State. I believe it is only for the purpose of where it was manufactured that the city and state are engraved. If you move I don't believe it needs to be re-engraved. You just need to file a 5320.20 to update the new storage location of the item.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom