• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    ATF 5300.4 in 27 CFR 479.102 (page 92) describes what is necessary to engrave on a SBR or SBS when one is manufacturing. This is not necessary if you purchase one that is already manufactured as it will have been done for you.

1) On the Frame or Receiver the Serial number;

2) on the frame, receiver, or barrel the following additional information;

A)The model;

B)The caliber or gage;

C)Your name or name of the Trust in the case of a Trust (no abbreviations are permitted for the Trust name);

D)The city and state (you can abbreviate the state with the official 2 digit state code)

The above mentioned information must be engraved, casted, stamped (impressing) or otherwise conspicuously placed or caused to be engraved, cast, stamped (impressed) or placed to a minimum depth of .003 inch and in a print size of the Serial number shall be no smaller than 1/16 inch.

Posted in: ATF / BATFE, FAQ's, Form 1 - 5320.1 Manufacture, Short-Barreled Rifles (SBRs), Short-Barreled Shotguns (SBSs) and Title II Weapons
    Comments are closed.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    He did mine in October and another I know of last month.
    FYI for anyone wanting to contact him via email (outside of MDS), it's still an option.
    Yeah, my understanding was that he's still willing to do mods to trusts he wrote, he's just not in the business of doing new ones. I need to add my daughter to mine, but I keep putting it off because it's relatively expensive.

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    It is my belief that he is available for support. I will send him a link to this thread so that he can make clear his status and that no one will need to waste time churning the rumor mill.

anderson76

Feb 16, 2013
    My responses in underscore:

Kinda weird that he got a lot of us in on making the trusts through him and the firm and now he's gone. Reason I used him was he was a member and any questions would be an easy Pm or email. With him gone and with no advice now, here is what I'm wondering. Just seen this thread :
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=170902

Sorry to hear the Rusty lefty you hanging. Fear not, this stuff is not rocket science.

When buying a new nfa item, and say I do an e-file, I would just scan the trust that was accepted previously including the last declaration page ( pretty sure that what it's called ) It's the page that shows the nfa items the trust owns.

The “declaration page” is usually described as Schedule A or Schedule of Assets. It lists the assets that are held in trust. If you are going to use the same trust, then that trust agreement, including all schedules, should be submitted. If current trust property includes NFA items, then those items should appear on the schedule at the time of submission.

If I were to buy new nfa item, I add it to the last page, the declaration form... Right. And that new item gets added after its been approved?

Once you receive the stamp and can lawfully posses the NFA item, then you add that item to the schedule of assets.

The address on the trust was my old place of residence, I've now moved. Do I need to update the trust now, with the new address ?

I fail to see any compelling reason why a trust of this sort should have and address. If yours does contain an address (for the trust or its trustees), and you intend to submit it with a new application, then the trust should be amended. Otherwise it might be considered a misrepresentation.

I have one nfa item and it has the old address engraved on it, does that have to be changed to the new address?

No. See Klunatic’s post at #21. The engraving requirements only apply at the time of manufacture.

Lastly: if I don't have to change the address on the trust and I were to buy a new nfa item, does it need the old original city (the old house address on the trust) engraved or the new place where I live.?

Again, see Klunatic’s post at #21. . Engrave in accordance with the city and state in which you currently reside. Also, worth noting is that if you move intrastate, no paperwork needs to be filed with the BATF If you are moving out of state, then you need to file a Form 5320.2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom