• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    WMD is horrible about shipping timelines.

I called them out due to releasing BCG's lately at full retail. We have purchase orders oustanding from 6 MONTHS ago, plus many more recent purchase orders. getting 30-50 BCG's at a time sounds about right, if you're lucky, from WMD lately. We buy at the same level Brownells does, but WMD is having a heck of a time getting raw bolts to coat. IF they could get a steady source of bolts incoming, they'd be sending out bolts really fast. They can NiB raw BCG's in just a couple of days in-house at their sister company.

I don't see how Brownell's system "broke", nor do I see how they "accidentally" allowed.

IMO, they intentionally allowed the system to go negative so they could try to reel in a ton of backorders.

Our turn-key cart system STOPS when we hit 0 qty. I don't see their cart system which probably cost tens, if not hundreds of thousands of dollars to design and maintain a year would be any different if they tell it to do the same.

Fieldman

Dec 22, 2009
    Clayton, DE
    Because of the way you had to access the site, I was sketchy about it in the first place. If you initially went to the page, it listed them as out of stock. But if you hit the refresh button in your browser, it would show them in stock. That's pretty much how most of us got our orders in. Since it seemed like some sort of loophole, I was expecting that it was not true. I just hope they send me my 600rds of 300aac on BO from December.

Celtic159

Nov 27, 2008
    Poolesville
    FWIW, my AR-Matey BCG showed up today. As soon as PSA ships my upper, I'll be right as rain.

Attachments

• IMG_1928.jpg
      IMG_1928.jpg
      65.6 KB · Views: 179

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    My two BCG's from Brownells (see OP) just shipped. I thought they killed the orders. Don't even want them right now...

Anyone else get a shipping notification?

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    My two BCG's from Brownells (see OP) just shipped. I thought they killed the orders. Don't even want them right now...

Anyone else get a shipping notification?

Yeah, I got my shipping order today. Got 2 coming. I also got two from AR Matey.... I don't resell them, I put them in the spare parts safe. I will be doing some builds later with them. :D

Bang

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2008
    Baltimore Co.
    Just got the one I ordered. The box they sent one BCG in was huge. The amount of airbags they sent to fill the empty void I could use to start a shipping supply company.

iHasCrabs

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2011
    Blue POint Crab House
    Just got the one I ordered. The box they sent one BCG in was huge. The amount of airbags they sent to fill the empty void I could use to start a shipping supply company.

Bahaha I thought the same thing today too. Freaking ridiculous. They must be out of boxes or something. I could fit a few hundred bcg in the box it came in.

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS

....oh Brownells. We make fun of them daily in our shipping dept. We can stuff 10 small flat rates with BCG's in the same amount of space they put (1).

Their backorder system is really odd.

We order out A2 stock completion kits from them. We have hundreds on backorder. Late last week we received (1) in stock...and it came in a box roughly 14x6x8 in size :lol2:. Oh well, they eat the freight on all the backorders. Their backorder allocation algorithm and boxing setup isn't very efficient, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom