• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    I believe my wife has made contact with you. My question is are they going to be shooting rimfire and centerfire? The reason I ask is she just got a new Ruger MK III and she has also been shooting a lot of my handguns. Just wanted to know what you use in the class.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    In the morning they use rimfire. In the afternoon it mixture of whatever each coach brings (.22, .38spc, .380, 9mm, .45ACP/.45LC and possibly black powder).

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    I just wanted to thank Rob Cowan and all the Arlington volunteers who came to help on the line as coaches for the August 10 Women On Target Rifle Clinic!

Just another example of how the AGC clubs work to support on another.

CLee

Mar 31, 2013
    Pax River area
    I took this class at Sanner's Lake Sportsman Club in SoMD and it is a very good class. I really enjoyed and thought it was great. If you get the chance to take - do!

Ragnar

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2013
    Berkeley Springs, WV
    My wife had a great time at the WOT handgun event yesterday. She's a new gun owner, and this was just the right way to get her started. Thanks to all who put this together.

Dreago

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2009
    My wife was also at the class this past Sunday and loved it! She texted me during her lunch and said she was having a great time. She just got her first pistol a couple weeks ago, and I thought that you guys would be able to give her more info in a day than I could give her in a lifetime. Thanks again!:thumbsup:

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    Quick question, the NRA website says OCT 5 is a pistol course, though you have it listed on this thread as shotgun. Can you clarify which it is?

Thanks.

pskryja

Apr 5, 2009
    Baltimore, MD
    Quick question, the NRA website says OCT 5 is a pistol course, though you have it listed on this thread as shotgun. Can you clarify which it is?

Thanks.

It is an error. The class is Shotgun and is the last one we will have for this year.

If anyone is interested, I have an email list for prospective WOT students. Before I put out the dates for next year to the public, I email these ladies first, so that they get "first dibs" for next year's clinics. :D

pskryja

Apr 5, 2009
    Baltimore, MD
    Shame I was going to see about sending the wife but it would be for rifle or pistol.

There are other options :) I am looking to set up an NRA Basic Pistol Clinic for next month for Ladies Only. Yes, it is more than the WOT clinic, but they do receive a lot more information and a certificate plus plenty of shooting.

bjmsam

The Skeptic
    I am glad they had a great time. BTW - your ladies are pretty talented shooters! :envy:
    Did the class they attended satisfy the classroom and live fire requirements for the Maryland Handgun Qualification License? How should they proceed? We don't want to break the law when practicing at the range!

A person may not purchase, rent, or receive a handgun after October 1, 2013 unless they possess a valid Handgun Qualification License (HQL) issued by the Maryland State Police or qualify for exemption status.
    Required to have the HQL, but exempt from the training component
    Someone who completed a firearms safety training course approved by the Secretary of the Department of Maryland State Police.

pskryja

Apr 5, 2009
    Baltimore, MD
    Did the class they attended satisfy the classroom and live fire requirements for the Maryland Handgun Qualification License? How should they proceed? We don't want to break the law when practicing at the range!

Unfortunately the Women On Target clinics do not meet the "classroom" requirement for the MD HQL. The final "requirements" were not agreed on till almost the end of September 2013 so I could add them to the clinic.

If interested, on November 17th I am offering a Ladies Only NRA Basic Pistol/MD HQL class. She would need to register on the NRA website. She will receive a certificate for Basic Pistol and one showing they met the classroom and shooting requirement for the MD HQL.

white911

Oct 9, 2013
    St Marys County
    I am looking for a basic class (or women on target class) in Southern Maryland, St Mary's County, for my wife. We have done some training with her; but, I have never been an instructor. A friend relayed that her experience at the WOT class conducted at Sanner's Lake was outstanding.

pskryja

Apr 5, 2009
    Baltimore, MD
    We are presently setting up the dates, etc. for our 2014 clinics. It will be held at the AGC range in Marriottsville. You are welcome to send me an email directly and I can put your wife's name on our contact list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom