Worth-A-Shot in Millersville Glock Sale, any experience?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mjbjhu

Oct 31, 2016
    Glen Burnie
    Just did my HQL course here last week and I really liked the owner and the place. They are having a block perfection sale this weekend with supposedly great prices on Glocks and everything else in the store on sale

Does anyone have any experience with their sales? Any idea what to expect? I work nights so I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to go there and get less sleep all day. thanks in advance

mjbjhu

Oct 31, 2016
    Glen Burnie
    Shop around and compare prices is all I'm going to say.

Thanks. I've seen that there everyday prices are higher than some other places, but don't know if they made up for it with the sale. Supposedly the prices at the sale are set by the glock reps, and the owner claimed they are better than what she can get the guns for herself

usa259

Mar 11, 2015
    Shop around and compare prices is all I'm going to say.

I tried to give her my business, and she wouldn't negotiate even a little. Clydes was $115 cheaper with upgraded sights. Last time I was in there about 8 months ago her pistol was still sitting there with a reduced price, still $85 high and without the upgraded sights.

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    I tried to give her my business, and she wouldn't negotiate even a little. Clydes was $115 cheaper with upgraded sights. Last time I was in there about 8 months ago her pistol was still sitting there with a reduced price, still $85 high and without the upgraded sights.

Took cash to a local gun show a few years back and was just trying to negotiate down the cc charge the shop would pay and no luck. I guess similarly Worth a Shot doesn't want to set a precedent with regards to prices being negotiable? Less involvement by the owner if the salesperson can say the price is the price?

That being said, I used Worth a Shot for my HQL and they seemed nice enough. They were no help getting an out of state VA CC permit by printing my scanned prints to a card that VA. wants.

I work not too far from their shop, but I'll have to commute down to check out their prices..... I have been wanting a Glock 10mm, so thanks for the heads up OP

jeffie7

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2015
    Loudoun County
    If you are going to have set prices with zero wiggle room, you should at least price it correctly.

Quantico Tactical G4 glock 19 $539 right on the tag.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Worth-a-shot (WAS) is a pretty friendly place and very nice shop with good people owning and working there.

I very infrequently go there anymore, last time was to meet a buddy to pickup his carry gun (yes, Maryland has folks that do get W&Carry permits; and in general I'd say things are better than they were before Hogan).

Just looking I'd say their prices are generally slightly higher than average stores, but I don't hold that against them; I already have a couple favorite Maryland dealers I visit. Good service and information, friendly folks, etc. are worth paying a premium, and I understand why most shops will not do transfers if they can get the same gun easily/quickly themselves. Pay the premium to buy in state, or we will lose all Maryland 'gun-shops'; its worth the slightly higher price. If you become a regular, you will likely hear about special deals, unique guns, and get the best advice and often best price too.

I can't speak to WAS advice, I don't believe they will spin anything to make a sale, but don't believe they have the in-depth knowledge as some other shops I visit routinely. They do know a lot, and everyone there will happily give you their best info/advice. Donna and her husband are very nice folks, as are the people they bring on to help run their shop.

I've heard their classes are a little shallow compared to what you can get elsewhere, but their prices are competitive (for training).

One more good thing I'll say about WAS is that their Blue Label (Mil/Police/EMS/etc.) guns are the best priced I've seen anywhere, and this has been true for a long time. My guess is that they charge the price they are given, and make a very marginal profit off of them; so selling in mass is the only way they can make money. A++ in this regard, and I will keep tabs on this component of their sales.

Oh, almost forgot... they have partnered with a kydex holster maker that works out of their shop, his work looks great, and I think he's open to doing custom work if you ask. Please someone update/correct if I got anything wrong here, its been months since I've visited them. Overall great shop, but if you really need the very best training, advice, or are a bottom dollar shopper, there are better gunshops if you are willing to drive to them. Can't beat their Blue Label deals, and quality selection and broad/excellent advice/info.

I'm a fan of WAS, it's just that I pretty much know exactly what I want now and it's a hike for me. If I lived closer, I'd stop in more often.

Last edited:

Dave Greenberg

Oct 24, 2015
    Millersville
    Even with the sale you will likely find better prices elsewhere. I live right by here and even took my HQL at this location. Nice people but their prices are most definitely higher than average.

ForEnglandJames

Nov 3, 2016
    Reisterstown
    Just did my HQL course here last week and I really liked the owner and the place. They are having a block perfection sale this weekend with supposedly great prices on Glocks and everything else in the store on sale

Does anyone have any experience with their sales? Any idea what to expect? I work nights so I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to go there and get less sleep all day. thanks in advance

I was in the class with you! I was the one who who kept raising his hand. And outed myself as a deplorable.

I thought it was a great class and I really liked the teacher. That lady is tough as nails.

mjbjhu

Oct 31, 2016
    Glen Burnie
    I was in the class with you! I was the one who who kept raising his hand. And outed myself as a deplorable.

I thought it was a great class and I really liked the teacher. That lady is tough as nails.

Ha, yeah she was tough for sure. I heard you mention the website in class and decided to get a bit more involved here.

I think I'll check out the sale but have a low threshold to walk and keep shopping. I did like the class though, and overall don't mind paying a few bucks extra to support local business, just not several bucks more

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    I bought my G43 there a year ago during a sale for cheaper than anywhere else I have seen around here.

ForEnglandJames

Nov 3, 2016
    Reisterstown
    I heard you mention the website in class and decided to get a bit more involved here.

Cool! I'm glad I could help point you in the right direction.

As far as the sale goes, I think it depends whether you're a fan of Glocks or not. Personally, I don't have anything against them, I just can't get excited about them either. That said, if you want it purely as a reliable sidearm, they are that.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    yeah, prices are difficult to swallow but am I correct in saying that a company may have to charge more in order to have/support multiple services? Blue label, NFA engraving, custom holsters, safes, training, Glock rep there this Saturday/Glock day sales and takes questions, etc. Seems to me they have spent the profits on services I need.

Before I can bad mouth any price I would have to compare that price to one in a store with similar amenities. Just my $.02

Blue Label prices are good. I'll stop by Saturday.

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007

She's former Baltimore City PD IIRC

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom