• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    I happened upon this mysterious box of ammo when stopping by Brownstone Trading Co. in upper Werstmernster a few months back. It looked clean and it was slightly post-panic at about $11.99 for the (only) box. The thing is, it appears to be some commercial re-loading company; I've never heard of them... did some Google-foo and didn't find much. I have no use for HP (9mm Para) ammo other than for HD or perhaps CCW, and I've been reluctant to use it. What do you all think, would you try it? I've had it ingrained in me that you never shoot anyone's re-loads...

evVdHCO.jpg

qv5Aoi2.jpg

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I'd run it with a keen ear for squibs, not saying they are there but I have had more thn one white box reload brand forget the powder

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    not any info on the INC of that company...I would use it for target rounds...it may be ok...but if your using it for defense Id use a reputable brand...not some no name unknown brand.

101combatvet

BANNED!!!
    Dec 7, 2011
    I might be wrong but I think this business was owned by one or two retired DE state policemen. They manufactured lead cast bullets also. I purchased from them once then they moved from Elkton Rd to the location on the box and then closed shortly after. If the same guys I'm thinking about they were pretty squared away. I never heard anyone complain about their products.

trikshot

Industry Partner
    Nov 4, 2009
    Eastern Baltimore County
    I happened upon this mysterious box of ammo when stopping by Brownstone Trading Co. in upper Werstmernster a few months back. It looked clean and it was slightly post-panic at about $11.99 for the (only) box. The thing is, it appears to be some commercial re-loading company; I've never heard of them... did some Google-foo and didn't find much. I have no use for HP (9mm Para) ammo other than for HD or perhaps CCW, and I've been reluctant to use it. What do you all think, would you try it? I've had it ingrained in me that you never shoot anyone's re-loads...

evVdHCO.jpg

qv5Aoi2.jpg
    My personal experience - Diamond State is a reloading company which is now defunct. I bought 250 rds of their 45acp at the Westminster Show a number of years ago. Somewhere in the 3rd mag full, I fired a double-charge. Luckily, no damage. I called Diamond State and told them what happened, but all I got was a "shoulder shrug". I subsequently disposed of the rest of the ammo in the Baltimore county landfill.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Diamond State Reloading was owned by an older gentleman named Ed from DE. He did gun shows for years in the old days. He retired several years ago and sold all of his equipment to Neil-NSK Sales. Neil and his wife still do gun shows and reload when components are available. I got off track. I bought a lot of Diamond State reloads in the old days and never had a problem with them. I guess I was lucky. Just found a few boxes in my storage unit recently. I know his equipment was old but I did OK.

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    Thanks for all of the input guys, I passed out from exhaustion shortly after posting.

not any info on the INC of that company...I would use it for target rounds...it may be ok...but if your using it for defense Id use a reputable brand...not some no name unknown brand.

Oh, I definitely won't use this for HD or CCW, no way. I have some Speer Gold Dot specifically for carry and home defense.

I might be wrong but I think this business was owned by one or two retired DE state policemen. They manufactured lead cast bullets also. I purchased from them once then they moved from Elkton Rd to the location on the box and then closed shortly after. If the same guys I'm thinking about they were pretty squared away. I never heard anyone complain about their products.

Cool, thanks for the info, man!

My personal experience - Diamond State is a reloading company which is now defunct. I bought 250 rds of their 45acp at the Westminster Show a number of years ago. Somewhere in the 3rd mag full, I fired a double-charge. Luckily, no damage. I called Diamond State and told them what happened, but all I got was a "shoulder shrug". I subsequently disposed of the rest of the ammo in the Baltimore county landfill.

Hmmm... interesting. Yeah, I'm not sure what to do with it. It's kind of been sitting at the bottom of my pile just, well.. sitting there.

Diamond State Reloading was owned by an older gentleman named Ed from DE. He did gun shows for years in the old days. He retired several years ago and sold all of his equipment to Neil-NSK Sales. Neil and his wife still do gun shows and reload when components are available. I got off track. I bought a lot of Diamond State reloads in the old days and never had a problem with them. I guess I was lucky. Just found a few boxes in my storage unit recently. I know his equipment was old but I did OK.

Thank you for the info, yeah I knew nothing about them before this thread. Like I mentioned in the OP, I've never used anyone's reloads.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    If you are that worried about it, if you or someone you know reloads, pull the bullets, use the powder as fertilizer, and load using the bullets and cases.

101combatvet

BANNED!!!
    Dec 7, 2011

I wonder if Ed was the retired DSP.... been so long I can't remember his name. I bought lead cast bullets from them until they folded.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Shoot slow. And remember, your chamber is made to handle small explosions :)

sent from somewhere in the world.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Yeah, I would pull the bullets and reload the stuff with my own powder.

Exactly what I did to some .220 Swift reloads a buddy gave me that he had from way back when.

Not worth the chance of having a hot charge blow up your gun and possibly hurt you.

Wendigo

Hungry
    Mar 31, 2013
    Reisterstown
    I'd just put them in long term storage down in the bunker, then years after SHTF you can take them down to Bartertown on the yearly supply run where they'll be worth their weight in gold.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom