• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • travismxi

Nov 14, 2010
    I was int he process of getting a new credit card and wanted to put a wounded warriors logo on it but after some research their are rumors they are anti gun? anyone have any truth to this?

Walleyeco

Feb 10, 2013
    St. Mary's
    The wounded warrior project website doesn't say anything about being anti 2A that I could find. I have never heard anything said by one of the warriors I've met that would make me they were anti-gun either.. Their might be some liberal, feel good organizations trying to attach themselves to the Wounded Warrior Project to gain "credibility".. But--who knows???

travismxi

Nov 14, 2010
    I was thinking the same thing. Unofficial anti groups falsely associating themselves with WW to make themselves look better. I dont see anywhere they say they are for or against. Regardless ill still support all veterans.

shooting again

Feb 27, 2011
    Southern Illinois
    A few years ago I was feeling guilty because I am a 30 year Army vet and not contributing to WW, but when I checked I found that their rating for funds actually getting to WW programs was 30 cents on the $1. (Note that today the WW website reports ~14% fund raising expenses and 4% admin, which are good numbers. See http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/mission/financials.aspx ) But a couple of weeks ago they refused a significant contribution from a church because it was "religious," and now this. I don't hold any negative feelings for those who choose to contribute WW but I've chosen to contribute to other worthy charities and causes, and I do.

wrx

Sep 30, 2010
    Freeland
    Check out this interview with GunTalk radio host Tom Gresham and WW. This email from the WW rep to Gresham says enough for me to write them off.

“While we appreciate the interest in having a WWP representative on your show on Veterans Day we are not able to participate in interviews or activities with media/organizations that are related to firearms,”

Not crazy about the $300k CEO salary either.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...gresham-dont-support-wounded-warrior-project/

Last edited:

capman98

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Mt. Airy maryland
    I support WWP. Not with money, but with time and man power. I have a friend who is a vet in a wheelchair. and they have helped him greatly. They do not want to get into politics because there is a chance someone may not like what they say and that could mean less donations. I can't blame them for wanting to stay neutral.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom