• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    If you don't know what a ZG1229 is, do a search. This would have been mounted on an MP44/Stg44. The Historic importance of this artifact cannot be overstated. It's museum worth and will most likely sell for at least $20,000, possibly far more.

I was walking along at the MAC show in York PA minding my own business when I spied something on my left. Without thinking, I said "HOLY SH$T!!" as it sank in that I was looking at a Zg1229 with the electronics pack and cable still attached!! Just finding the optic itself would have been phenomenal but the presence of the electronics can, connector cable and rubber eye cup just boggles my mind. Granted, the rubber bellows is hanging by a thread and the unit is missing lots of bits but I was still in awe. And I could pick it up to inspect it too!! I asked if they'd opened the cannister to inspect the electronics but the guy at the table said they had not. I really wanted to but it's not mine and I'd hate to mess anything up. It's going to be auctioned off:
    The man at the table knew what it was but it was clear to me that he didn't truly comprehend the importance of the unit. He said it was found in a box. To almost everyone, this would just appear to be junk and would end up in the trash. Thankfully, someone must have known that someone would want this. I should have taken more pictures but things were busy and I didn't want to be a bother. I still can't believe I came across this thing. Saying this thing is rare is a gross understatement. I didn't think any electronics cannisters had survived intact.

The light in the picture was found with the rest and it does have an infrared filter but it's clearly off of a vehicle of some sort and is not part of the optic.

Last edited:

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    I got an email from Poulin this week touting the fall auction with an amazing horde of Mauser collectibles. So I'm not shocked to see this cool piece of tech in the same catalog. Oh yes, the money will fly soon (won't be mine)!

Jul 1, 2012
    Just "Wow"....

I got that Poulin email too and just trashed it along with the other dozen emails a week about everyone's "super-special" auctions... guess I should check it out!

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Just "Wow"....

I got that Poulin email too and just trashed it along with the other dozen emails a week about everyone's "super-special" auctions... guess I should check it out!
    The two items that really got my attention were the pristine model 1914 "humpback" and the very rare early low grip screw Kriegsmarine HSc (one of only 500 built). Somebody had a serious Jones when it came to Mauser pistols 'cause there's more than a few rare C-96 variants too. Should be fun to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom