• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fa18hooker

99-9X
    Sep 2, 2008
    Annapolis
    Looking for a Remington 700 or Savage long action with a standard bolt (.473 bolt face) for a long rifle build. Will buy entire rifle to harvest the action for the right price (rifle condition not important). Please shoot me a PM with what you have!
    Thanks!

fa18hooker

99-9X
    Sep 2, 2008
    Annapolis
    Actually thinking about going the other way, to either Stiller or BAT action if I can't find a Remmy or Savage. They're more expensive, but they're also shovel-ready for building a long range gun. Haven't ever worked with the Mauser actions, but saw an ad in American Rifleman for WWII actions for $160. Might have to give one a try for a hobby gun first and see how it does!

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    Actually thinking about going the other way, to either Stiller or BAT action if I can't find a Remmy or Savage. They're more expensive, but they're also shovel-ready for building a long range gun. Haven't ever worked with the Mauser actions, but saw an ad in American Rifleman for WWII actions for $160. Might have to give one a try for a hobby gun first and see how it does!

:shocked3:

Which issue!?!?!?!?!?!? :shrug:

Heck, I've got three K98k Mauser(s), but, for that kind of $$$ I could build that .338 Federal that I've been considering.
    (Or, the .338-'06!)

:)

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Turns out the action is a 1903 action for $160 in the current American Rifleman on page 42...

That's a good action. I've got a 3006 match rifle already and have been itching to build a 6.5 06 or 25-06.

some of those actions out there are recovered drill rifles though so you need to be careful (best place to look is the mag cutoff switch area). Duracoat is also a big clue because they will never park right again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom