• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • D-Log

Jan 29, 2015
    Reisterstown
    For Black Friday, Apex gun parts had a bunch of VZ58 parts kits (with the foldable stock), and now I’m looking for the actual receiver. They said tortort toward would be putting out a new batch in early 2021, others are saying AWO, but I’ve heard questionable things about their receivers. Looking for any advice you can offer

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I'd advise getting a Czech vz58 while you still can. Worry about finding a receiver maybe someday. (I've never seen a receiver offered for sale separae from rest of the rifle, but then again I've never looked for one).

I believe the Century Arms examples are not as desirable, but in the other hand they're cheaper.

Remember, the MD GA goes into session Jan 13. I expect more than usual of the ugly legisltion they have a well-deserved reputation for creating.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    VZ58 kits have been available for ages. I have several. There have been no decent/correct receivers. Lots of promises but that's it. There are prints out there if you want to machine your own. I haven't gotten to that point. Yet...

mauser58

My home is a sports store
    Dec 2, 2020
    Baltimore County, near the Bay
    I looked at the parts kits years ago. Then found no source for receivers though. I ended up buying a complete rifle from shooters Discount I believe in Mount Airey. Lou I believe was the owner . Bought quite a bit off of him.

VHT4ME

Jan 7, 2021
    I'd love to build one myself. But the economics aren't really there. $500 bucks for an uncoated receiver, $300 - $500 for a kit in need of a refinish and questionable barrel wear. How's my math so far?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom