• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    We have a resident blacksmith around here who I've talked to about something like this before but for the life of me I can't remember his username

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    There is a blade maker (blacksmith) in or near Middletown??? that may make you one.

I think he is a well known and respected smith.

If you're thinking of Bill Moran, I believe he passed away about 10 years ago.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    There is a blade maker (blacksmith) in or near Middletown??? that may make you one.

I think he is a well known and respected smith.
    Yes Bill Moran. Passed away in Feb. of 2006. I knew him slightly although we talked on the phone many times over the years. Later when I was between IT jobs I worked at Frank Kennedy Ford which had the showroom down closer to Frederick (around 2005 the year before he passed away). His old shop was on the same side of the street on the other side of a side road. He would often bring some of his buddies to putter around in the shop or sometimes go out back and do some archery.

chuck

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 1, 2016
    Anne Arundel
    I'm also looking for a made in MD boot knife with holster and a hand axe. Hell even made in USA would be nice.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I kind of know Kerry Stagmer of Baltimore Knife and Sword Co. It looks like their business is shifting more towards production than small custom projects, but I'm sure he can accommodate you. www.baltimoreknife.com I haven't talked to them in a while, but as far as I know, their shop is still right down the street from the AGC.

You might also try Wolf Knives (no website that I can find), who we see at the gun shows. I'm pretty sure they are in MD, probably the yellowpages listing in Aberdeen because the guy works on Aberdeen Proving Ground.

You need to be a little more specific in what you are asking for. If you want a primitive/post apocalyptic zombie chopper, any number of metal shops or hobbyist blacksmiths could come up with something...maybe even affordably. If you want something elegant or truly functional, it is probably not going to be cheap...or quick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom