• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    the only requirement is you have to be married to your sister or dating your mom.

Amazing how imaginary lines we call states affect our rights.
    Approves of this post.

deliverance-banjo-player.jpg

Hollywood Ball

Mountaineer
    Aug 26, 2013
    NC WV
    I called the WV SP yesterday and was told residents only (but the lady very nicely invited me to open carry - not kidding, she was so nice about it), effective the 26th. Today, i saw the press release on nra-ila saying the 24th. Today at lunch, I read the text of the house bill from the WV legislature page that said "United States Citizens". Then I read this. So... I actually called the WV State's Attorney General office to ask for clarification, but there is conflicting guidance to say the least. If i get a reply, i'll update the thread.

ERRRRRRR! Wrong. As already pointed out the bill was passed with no residency requirement, althought some pushed for it.

Please please please reach out to WVCDL and report your experience with WVSP first hand.

The AG does need to clarify that letter though. Very unlike him.

http://www.wvcdl.org/

Hollywood Ball

Mountaineer
    Aug 26, 2013
    NC WV
    the only requirement is you have to be married to your sister or dating your mom.

If you're going to come into the WV subforum at least try to bring some creativity and originality.

Also, try leaving your house sometime. You got plenty of cousin-fking white trash in MD too.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005

If you're going to come into the WV subforum at least try to bring some creativity and originality.

Also, try leaving your house sometime. You got plenty of cousin-fking white trash in MD too.

Well, if I recall the irony is that in Maryland marrying your cousin is legal while in WV it is illegal.

That being said, the familial relationships in WV are pretty fvcked up. (yes, my family is from there and I still proudly own property there.)

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Unfortunately, WVSP has a history of accidently on purpose mistating firearms laws. Their AG's Office is the difinative source.

Now you realized you attempted to insult WV , by using a picture of a Grorgia resident, who is iconic for playing a Georgian, in a film set in and filmed on location in Georgia ?

molonlabe

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2005
    Mountaineer Country, WV
    I have never met a group of nicer people than I have in WV. I'll take them over liberal Marylanders any day of the week. When I was snowed in the people from my church came and dug us out do I could get to my doctor. The local paper has bible quotes in it something I never saw in the sun. People here are Christian all the time not when it's convenient. Do we have problems yes, drugs, alcholism, which in turn leads to other crime. Thanks to the EPA shutting our coal industry and the Saudies trying to shut our gas industry down. And Maryland has no crime, right? I'm glad I left Maryland as I watched my neighborhood go to crap.

Let me continue, we moved most of the furnature thanksgiving 2014 and the house was a mess. The lawyer who closed on our house now the court clerk invited us for thanksgiving dinner at his home. He wanted us to meet some local residences. His wife Is the family court judge. We had a great time met local farmers.

The people we bought our home from invited us to a Christmas party at their new bed and breakfast. Both her and her husband are local teachers. He cut our lawn until I could join my wife. I can't think of a better place to live.

Now I'm going to the strawberry festive and they are hosting a gun show Thursday.

Last edited:

Dowtom

Nov 29, 2014
    Halethorpe
    Okay well I'm headed to WV to my cabin on Memorial day weekend. I just wanted to confirm. As a MD resident I will able to conceal carry as it is constitutional carry and two the new law Has been moved up to may 24th and be legal to concealed carry.

Am I correct on those two points?

Dowtom

Nov 29, 2014
    Halethorpe
    Thank you! Wife will finally be Able to use her m&p9c as it was intended and my Beretta 92fs gets some work till my 1911 9mm comes in.

Appreciate the reply

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun

I guess you lost you sense of humor too. My parents have a 2nd home in Canaan Valley. WV are some of the nicest people ive ever met.....kind and down to earth.

Sorry for the bad joke

Storm40

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2009
    Harford County
    ERRRRRRR! Wrong. As already pointed out the bill was passed with no residency requirement, althought some pushed for it.

Please please please reach out to WVCDL and report your experience with WVSP first hand.

The AG does need to clarify that letter though. Very unlike him.

http://www.wvcdl.org/

Wow, i came to this thread and typed out an update, but apparently it didn't submit (or, rather, i was in a hurry and thought i clicked submit) and i never bothered to check after to make sure it stuck. My bad!

On the 13th, I checked my phone's voice mail (something i do infrequently) and a gentleman from the WV State AG office by the name of Tyler called me to confirm that there was no residency requirement and invited me to enjoy carrying my firearm during my upcoming trip. He noted there were restrictions on certain places, like courthouses, though. He was very nice and pretty upbeat - not what I expected but I'm genuinely grateful they got back to me.

I will, however, use your link to (hopefully) familiarize myself with the carry laws so I don't run into trouble along the way.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Wow, the first paragraph title still says it's effective June 5th.. The AG issued a ruling saying it's effective 5-24. Hope the other info is more accurate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom