• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Old Fields area if you're real familiar with that area. Moorefield would be a much bigger and more familiar town landmark for many.

Yes I know it well, I pretty much grew up down in that area. Worked down there from 2001-2007 on various construction projects too.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Small world as they say!

A whole different world than Marylandistan, you think? :D A good world with a lot of good people too!

I'm very tempted to move there soon, I travel for work so it wouldn't be an issue for me but my wife needs to stay close to Cumberland for the commute. Hampshire and Mineral counties are looking better and better all the time with this legislation.:thumbsup:

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    I'm very tempted to move there soon, I travel for work so it wouldn't be an issue for me but my wife needs to stay close to Cumberland for the commute. Hampshire and Mineral counties are looking better and better all the time with this legislation.:thumbsup:

Can't say as I'd blame you! This legislation is consistent with a whole different mindset than much of Maryland. Rugged individualism there you might say. Self sufficiency too. Hope the legislation passes! Good folks should expect to be treated as such. Freedom is religion to many of those folks. As it should be to my way of thinking.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Can't say as I'd blame you! This legislation is consistent with a whole different mindset than much of Maryland. Rugged individualism there you might say. Self sufficiency too. Hope the legislation passes! Good folks should expect to be treated as such. Freedom is religion to many of those folks. As it should be to my way of thinking.

Agreed, now if we could just get our reps to understand that they are there to serve us not us serve them Maryland might no be so bad.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    One note to keep in mind-the original bill was 18 y/o and up. The House judiciary amended up to 21 and over (for CC;OC is still 18). While it can be changed back to 18, time is of the essence and trying to get the amendment removed could blow the whole thing.
    WVCDL appears to be doing the smart thing and proceeding to get the bill passed, and maybe next year get the age reduced to 18 for CC and/or reduce the CCW permit fees.
    It's outstanding news and if other states (KS,NH,ME) can get their bills through then we'll have more Constitutional Carry states than May-Issue. I'm feeling the beginnings of another wave just like the shall-issue wave in the 1990's.

For anyone that is new to this slow transition, here are a couple maps that inform and encourage:
    *edit* First map didn't work - click link, see map changing showing transition from no-issue to shall-issue and Constitutional Carry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concealed_carry_in_the_United_States

Jan 2015:
    1200px-US_State_Concealed_Carry.png

I was wrong. As stated, Montana is permitless outside cities. I had it confuse with Wyoming which is residents only.

back to our scheduled thread.

apologies

I mentioned this above in the thread; I still don't know what size town/city qualifies in Montana to not qualify it for Constitutional Carry. In any case, we are winning nationally; and I have hopes for Maryland.

UNCLE DUKE +
    Agreed, now if we could just get our reps to understand that they are there to serve us not us serve them Maryland might no be so bad.

Agreed.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    OC map for comparison

Attachments

• OC_Summary.jpg
      OC_Summary.jpg
      41.3 KB · Views: 95
    • open carry loaded state map.JPG
      open carry loaded state map.JPG
      50.4 KB · Views: 95

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Here's a sample letter I found on OCDO

Sample Letter to your Delegates supporting SB347

ri

Facebook won't allow advanced features like italics, so I'm going to put this up here for folks to read, use to write their own letter, or for a simple cut and paste. I've written it so it is simple, to the point, generic enough to be sent to every delegate with few revisions. It's not perfect, it wasn't intended to be.

Everyone who would like to use this is welcome to do so. I am putting this out to the public to use as they see fit.

IF YOU CUT AND PASTE THIS, MAKE SURE TO PUT YOUR DELEGATES NAME IN AND ADD YOUR NAME AND CONTACT INFORMATION AT THE END.

Dear Delegate XXXXXX:

I am writing you today in support of SB347, as amended by the House Judiciary Committee. I understand you receive numerous emails on this, and other subjects, so I will keep my comments brief.

I am a constituent of your district and I have educated and informed myself regarding SB347. Without going into great detail, I support this bill for numerous reasons. Some of which are:

- This bill removes the requirement that forces a West Virginia resident, who is not otherwise prohibited from owning or possessing a firearm, to purchase their right to bear arms in a concealed manner.

- This bill also removes the requirement that forces a West Virginia resident, who is not otherwise prohibited from owning or possessing a firearm, to purchase their right to bear arms while in a vehicle conducting their daily business.
    - This bill retains our current licensing system, which allows West Virginians who choose to travel out of state the ability to enjoy the reciprocity agreements we have with other states.

The Constitution of West Virginia spells out explicitly that "A person has the right to keep and bear arms for the defense of self, family, home and state, and for lawful hunting and recreational use." This legislative session will be remembered as one that affirmed the individual right to bear arms as best fit their circumstance. Over the years, the right to keep and bear arms has been chipped away little by little. This bill takes a big step to restoring and affirming a basic, fundamental right of West Virginians. That being the right to bear arms in a way that best suits the individuals need. I urge you to vote in favor of the bill, and to reject any additional amendments.

YOUR NAME
    YOUR ADDRESS
    YOUR PHONE NUMBER

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Last edited:

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I love WV! We make several trips a year to Northfork to ride the Hatfield McCoy trails.

First year we check into the house and the landlord is going over every thing and towards the end he asks me if I was carrying a gun. I was carrying concealed and thought "Great, the one guy in WV who has x-ray vision is standing in front of me."

I answered honestly, expecting to take some lumps if the guy is an anti, but he just replied back "Good. There's no local law enforcement and sometimes WVSP are up to 30 minutes away."

:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom